Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 422589 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Not even compatibility mode?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Actually, you know what? Forget the Capship. What we need are Rays with FAST pack knockoffs. Who needs a Capital ship to fire hundreds of Dragonslaves when you have a dozen fighters capable of the same thing?
Wasn't the Spoon-y thing working on boosters in WOD2 anyways?

And isn't there like a free student edition for 3DS Max? One year license IIRC.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Happy days of joy and jubilation, max 8 has agreed to reside on my harddrive and cooperate with windows 7.
Workflow restored  :D

And isn't there like a free student edition for 3DS Max? One year license IIRC.
Yeah but I'm completely tuned to the max pof export plugin. And it only works with max 4,5,6,7 and 8. New versions of max work with the collada export method (which I tried but I find it adds a tremendous amount of extra setting up time, things that the plugin will do for me)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Looks like we have a spoonful of fortune now, hmm?

Offline -Norbert-

I was wondering if we'll see any characters from the former thrall races in WoD 2 flying alongside "us". Since Fura'ngle are basically grown into their ship it would be a bit hard to integrate them wtih any standard unit, but what about a Cordi.

Also, are all Nordera still enemies of the LSF or is there a clan (or more) that either signed a peace treaty with Humans and Cyrvans or maybe even joined some kind of alliance?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
A Nordera alliance with the LSF/CSA is unlikely, considering the Hertak failsafe.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I was wondering if we'll see any characters from the former thrall races in WoD 2 flying alongside "us". Since Fura'ngle are basically grown into their ship it would be a bit hard to integrate them wtih any standard unit, but what about a Cordi.

Also, are all Nordera still enemies of the LSF or is there a clan (or more) that either signed a peace treaty with Humans and Cyrvans or maybe even joined some kind of alliance?

Peace?! PEACE?! We don't need no stinkin' peace, ya grotz, cos' we's the meanest, da greenest, da toofiest gitz dis side of da Galaxy! We's da OR- Er, sorry, NORDERA! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

*coff*

I might've been playing DoW 2 Retribution again
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I advocate genocide of the Nordera.

They probably wouldn't mind anyway as long as we did it in a sporting way.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Wouldn't be genocide if we were nice with them.

Offline -Norbert-

You forgot to add "an' give us your hats!" in that case.
On a more serious note, Nordera aren't as stupid/violent as warhammer orks. For one thing they don't use firearms inside their own city, so they don't blow up. Warhammer 40K Orks would never even consider not shooting, even if they'd build cities in the first place.
A Nordera alliance with the LSF/CSA is unlikely, considering the Hertak failsafe.
If I remember correctly Spoon said the failsave was only installed in the ships of a few specific clans.

Edit: Yep, I did remember correctly:
Spoiler:
It is installed on a few select clans that are deemed by the Hertak to be too unpredictable, aggressive or just too stupid.
It is likely that after this event most Nordera clans will be double checking their own ships though.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:35:21 pm by -Norbert- »

Course, given how Orky they are, chances are if you screw it up they bounce back ten times as strong and rape your empire. For "Sport."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We have space elves on our side. We can't lose.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That game was a huge disappointment.

:yes:

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
That game was a huge disappointment.

:yes:

Not for me, but that could be because it was exactly what I expected. And not bad in Coop if you played the IG, had a blast with a mate doing so. And the Ork campaign was humorous, if only for the hat-obssessed Ork Freebootaz
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

You'll find that you have many supporters for that agenda

The Cordi are on pretty friendly terms with the LSF&CSA but their fleet doctrines are not really compatible, there has not been any pilots swapping to this date.
And the Nordera are still very much hostile
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

But even without pilot swaping there are ways to indroduce a recurring Cordi character into the story. Any chance for something like that happening in the future?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Oh god yes. :eek:

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Oh look, energy wings! Where's the ring though?  :nervous:

Then again, it could be a very recent design, because it definitely has some LSF influences to its design.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Hmm, the flashy wings seems a bit fast in terms of...flashing :P But wow, it's just sugoi, that Arclite Swamer and...damn. Lovely work Spoon-kun. Maybe this is a joint LSF-CSA thingy!