Author Topic: Marcus Glaive?  (Read 10293 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
How do we know Al'fadil wasn't FS2's Alpha 1?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Given almost 20 years passed since Capella, it would be safe to say that the retail Alpha 1 would've been an Admiral by this said time. That and being the commanding officer of the Blue Lions, i dont see how one would've turned down that honor.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Given almost 20 years passed since Capella, it would be safe to say that the retail Alpha 1 would've been an Admiral by this said time. That and being the commanding officer of the Blue Lions, i dont see how one would've turned down that honor.
Well keep in mind that Xinny and Zero were around at the same time and certainly aren't Admirals.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well, he might've finished his tour of duty, handed in his uniform, found a lovely little wife and had some kids on Beta Aquilae, and that'd be the end of that chapter. :P

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, he might've finished his tour of duty, handed in his uniform, found a lovely little wife and had some kids on Beta Aquilae, and that'd be the end of that chapter. :P
But he's Alpha 1!

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
As long as we don't get a GTD Alpha 1. ;)
Well we've had a Hammer of Light cruiser named Alpha 1 :P

Also I assumed that the 'captain' that Xinny, Zero and crew were trying to save was Snipes too (I know he was a commander in FS2, but he could have been promoted).

Offline Vip

Also I assumed that the 'captain' that Xinny, Zero and crew were trying to save was Snipes too (I know he was a commander in FS2, but he could have been promoted).

It was specifically stated that it was Captain Al'fadil, either in the mission itself as one of the intercepted messages, or, more probably, in the debriefing IF you let yourself be shot down by Zero and Xinny.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Pretty easily, if you wanted to stay in a fighter cockpit. Nobody's going to argue with the man I should think. I would have put Alpha 1's probable rank at Captain, probably CAG for a destroyer or a battlegroup.

He doesn't have to hand in the uniform for that either. :P

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter

It was specifically stated that it was Captain Al'fadil, either in the mission itself as one of the intercepted messages, or, more probably, in the debriefing IF you let yourself be shot down by Zero and Xinny.
I should have said that I assumed that it was Snipes before I saw whatever it was that said that it was Al'fadil. My bad.

Offline -Sara-

Well keep in mind that Xinny and Zero were around at the same time and certainly aren't Admirals.

Spoiler:
Maybe they all grabbed a fighter craft for old times sake to safe Al'Fadil, hard to say. They supposedly went rogue but that might only be the official report, I can imagine they were told "if you die, you went rogue, if you succeed, you get a medal".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:31:24 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline -Norbert-

Spoiler:
That actually makes a lot of sense, since it later comes out that the Titan they were based on didn't really retreat to Delta Serpentis, but rather hid in the asteriod belt.
If they just declared they are on an official mission, that might have given away this ruse and ruined the ambush the ship made later on.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well I don't think it matters what excuse they used, when your friend is in need, you come running. No questions asked.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Spoiler:
Maybe they all grabbed a fighter craft for old times sake to safe Al'Fadil, hard to say. They supposedly went rogue but that might only be the official report, I can imagine they were told "if you die, you went rogue, if you succeed, you get a medal".
Spoiler:
Either way, they couldn't all have been admirals.

Wait, if Command is promoting people to Admiral, does that mean he wants their opinions?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wait, if Command is promoting people to Admiral, does that mean he wants their opinions?
Nice one.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I would too, if I were Command.
When the red shirts know that things are out of control, and the higher ups don't (or pretend they aren't out of control), something is wrong.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
GTVA- "FFFFUU- We're taking losses. Send in.. Alpha 1."

-Alpha one warps in-

-You spot Alpha 1 and close in-

THE CLASH OF TITANS! As each superhuman ace duels for the fate of the war, each side watches in awe. Fighter Gods, weaving a magic spell of violence.

And then a supernova kills them all.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yeah... wait, what ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
When the red shirts know that things are out of control, and the higher ups don't (or pretend they aren't out of control), something is wrong.

I'm not sure you actually played FS2 anymore. :P

That was one of the defining features; there was always a plan in FS2, and it was always workable. In FS1 there was a long period where there wasn't a plan.

A Feddie Story

I think we can all agree that Alpha 1 would not make for a particularly effective admiral, what with all the books he's been ordered to read.