Author Topic: BP-fiction experiment...  (Read 7051 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: BP-fiction experiment...
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
"several feet taller than terrans" says the wiki. nd I think they have a higher life expectancy.

Nothing is ever mentioned about their life expectancy I don't think, except possibly that its similar to the terrans.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
"several feet taller than terrans" says the wiki. nd I think they have a higher life expectancy.

Nothing is ever mentioned about their life expectancy I don't think, except possibly that its similar to the terrans.

even that has a 30+ year range for a human/terran so fudging 130-140  for an old Vasudan would still do it.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Larger species tend to live longer. At least that's the case on Earth.

Since we have no canon info, it's a "whatever works for your story" situation anyway.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
@ GTW - 66: I remember something about the ammo for maxim being so small that a fighter can carry milions of rounds, though it's not in the canon tech room, CB prehaps. My point is that i think maxim is a mass driver only, using the high density uranium slugs at high velocity purely as armor piercing round, which would do well against hull and subsystems and have no effect on shields (since they are capable of holding kinetic blast of a missile which has to be greater).

@Vasudan life span: Not sure about canon, but other mods suggest what headdie said, some + 20 to + 40 years, for example Yssim in ITHOV. Also, Vasuda prime was rough environment even before being bombarded (desert with mostly undrinkable water). They are bound to have better immune system and ecological valence if nothing else. Give them conditions like on earth and they should by all laws of biology live longer.
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
@ GTW - 66: I remember something about the ammo for maxim being so small that a fighter can carry milions of rounds, though it's not in the canon tech room, CB prehaps. My point is that i think maxim is a mass driver only, using the high density uranium slugs at high velocity purely as armor piercing round, which would do well against hull and subsystems and have no effect on shields (since they are capable of holding kinetic blast of a missile which has to be greater).

It's not purely a mass driver in the electromagnetic sense because the rounds are chemically propelled, like modern guns.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable

It's not purely a mass driver in the electromagnetic sense because the rounds are chemically propelled, like modern contemporary guns.

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
@Mars: Yeah, stating that was really important :P
@battuta: I don't remember any canon material stating that, unless you altered it in BP. For a "gunpowder" gun it sure consumes a lot of energy (Yeah, could be cooling and dampening) and the barrel DOES look like a coil gun.
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
@battuta: I don't remember any canon material stating that, unless you altered it in BP. For a "gunpowder" gun it sure consumes a lot of energy (Yeah, could be cooling and dampening) and the barrel DOES look like a coil gun.

Nope, it's straight from the FS2 tech description FS2 CB that introduces the weapon. Look for the word 'caseless'. I'm sure it's possible there's an electromagnetic component but there also seems to be a chemical propellant as well.

ed: Though to be fair it seems like everything else is meant to go for the purely EM acceleration route, maybe they were just bad at saying 'the slugs do not have cartridges' but didn't mean to imply a chemical propellant.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

Nope, it's straight from the FS2 tech description FS2 CB that introduces the weapon. Look for the word 'caseless'. I'm sure it's possible there's an electromagnetic component but there also seems to be a chemical propellant as well.

ed: Though to be fair it seems like everything else is meant to go for the purely EM acceleration route, maybe they were just bad at saying 'the slugs do not have cartridges' but didn't mean to imply a chemical propellant.

To be honest there are two interpretations to the tech room that could be taken.

1.  The weapon is a kenetic/solid mass round propelled by an explosive charge similar to a modern day fire arm, in this case the energy aspect could be a series of magnetic or other devices for centering the round in the chamber and down the barrel.  The issue here is that by being presumably contact less otherwise ther would be no need to the centering mechanism a significant amount of the energy of the explosive charge is lost due to the expanding gases having an escape route that doesn't involve pushing the bullet.

2.  The weapon is a metal cased explosive round propelled either by an explosive charge and/or coil/linear induction (rails are out due to the barrel being smooth bore).  The explosive propellant would still have the same issue as above.  An induction system should be well within the capability of the GTVA though there is no way to know if sufficient energy could be transfered to the round.  the explosive component would have a small disrupting effect to the target's hull if the round is able to achieve partial penetration of the armour layer.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline crizza

I basically dropped the idea of Iowa-class main turrets and go for triple barreled long range gatling pulse guns, firing something like blobs.
IMHO the vasudan technology should be more advanced on that level.

A first try for a location, where the first chapter will take place:

After the loss of Vasuda Prime, it was thought of completely abandon the Vasuda system, however several vasudan corporations took over nearly abandoned facilities.
Over the years, these facilities and installations were being expanded and slowly but deliberately the Imperial Vasudan fleetyard was born.
As of now, it is the single most greatest shipyard in the GTVA and huge breakthroughs in weapon technologies were made, like the pulse guns as well as the the newest beam cannons.
Currently, the fleetyard can build, repair and upgrade dozens of cruisers, corvettes and up to four destroyer class vessels, the most prominent example being the three Sokar class battleships.
Furthermore, the IVF is the seat of the aging Supreme Admiral Khu, head of the vasudan medjai, who oversees and influences the course of the vasudan navy.
The whole complex is guarded by the second vasudan battlegroup and what was once a pain in the ass assignment for vasudans, is now one of the most badly wanted, because the second battlegroup is one if not the state of the art fleet, falling only behind the first battlegroup.

Planned Characters:
Vice Admiral Tyrus Cassius McQueen
Hailing from a family of soldiers and sailors, the then young Tyrus caught the attention of Supreme Admiral Khu on a memorial service just after the Capella Incident. While most of the present people mourn the fallen, he celebrated them and earned the scorn of his superior, Admiral Petrarch.
Although being about to become Captain, he earned a disciplinary hearing, where it was Supreme Admiral Khu who offered him a place in the vasudan navy and the former squadron leader of the 70th Blue Lions gratefully accepted.
From this day on, Tyrus became the protegee of Khu and is now second in command of the Supreme Admiral as well as the only terran serving in the vasudan navy as a relict of the pfficers exchange programm.

Supreme Admiral Khu
Revered as a brilliant tactician, the late Khu faces a viciuos struggle against other members of the vasudan medjai and is slowly loosing ground. Currently he is about to propose a plan, which not only involves the latest battleship of the medjai, as well as his loyal warhound McQueen to bring the terrans back into the fold and consodilate his position again.