Author Topic: Steele, a theory  (Read 6645 times)

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So I was doing some reading up on the Blue Planet Intelligence stuff on the wiki, and when I got to Steele's entry I thought, hey, some of those awards sound a little familiar. Then I kept reading and saw that "he is often accused of 'mistaking his ship's subspace maneuverability for that of a fighter'".

Is Steele the player character from Freespace 2?
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I think theres stuff about him going from officer academy directly into warship command, so I don't think so.

I'd find it incredibly hilarious if that was the case though.

Offline Kolgena

It's an interesting theory, but his service record doesn't line up. He was in 47th Cutthroats as a newbie pilot, and never spends time in the 53rd, 107th, 242nd, etc.

Spoiler:
ALL I DO IS JUMP JUMP JUMP NO MATTER WHAT. THESE BUNTUS THAT I SHOOT--THEY CAN NEVER DIE ENOUGH. AND EVERY TIME I SEND OUT ALL MY SERKRS, ALL THE BUNTU NOOBS BLOW UP. AND THEY STAY DEAD. AND THEY STAY DEAD. AND THEY STAY DEAD. TILDE K TILDE K TILDE K. CUZ ALL I DO IS JUMP. JUMP. JUMP. AND IF THE WARGODS COME, I HIT ALT J AND MAKE THEM STAY THERE
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:53:20 pm by Kolgena »

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Spoiler:
ALL I DO IS JUMP JUMP JUMP NO MATTER WHAT. THESE BUNTUS THAT I SHOOT--THEY CAN NEVER DIE ENOUGH. AND EVERY TIME I SEND OUT ALL MY SERKRS, ALL THE BUNTU NOOBS BLOW UP. AND THEY STAY DEAD. AND THEY STAY DEAD. AND THEY STAY DEAD. TILDE K TILDE K TILDE K. CUZ ALL I DO IS JUMP. JUMP. JUMP. AND IF THE WARGODS COME, I HIT ALT J AND MAKE THEM STAY THERE
- Childwetel Steele
Thanks for the new sig. :lol:

On topic: I doubt Alpha 1 Dos is Steele. What we do know, though, is that he at one point commands three ships that are mentioned and/or appear in the FS2 Campaign (Naxos, Bretagne, Aeneas [mentioned only])
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:14:15 am by An4ximandros »

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You spelt Chiwetel wrong. :P

The military records could always be falsified, especially if he's been in the 99th Skulls, but I do see everyone's point. I thought it was an interesting theory worth discussing.

It would bring an extra level of badassery to everyone's favourite rabid admiral. :P

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 I did it on purpose. :ha: :D

Somehow I doubt that. Besides, Steele does not need extra badass, he is the badass!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Steele is much more badass as the speaking badass we see in BP than as the random mute we play in FS2. Nuf said.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Plus I think the gender of the FS2 pilot is never specified.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I think theres stuff about him going from officer academy directly into warship command, so I don't think so.

I'd find it incredibly hilarious if that was the case though.
I'm not sure if his dossier has changed since I wrote it, but yes, he did time in SOC until he sustained a wound from action, upon which he remustered to warships. Or something like that.

Offline -Norbert-

I wonder if he might have been among those guys that busted the player out in the SOC loop.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

It's not. I made a fairly thorough check once, because I wanted to insert FS2 A1 as female.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I bet that if I posted that back when I was on the main team, The_E would've axed my post for hinting a plot point that Alpha 1 from FS2 was actually female in BP universe. :)

DISCLAIMER: Not an actual spoiler. I'm out of the loop since about by two months due to exams, so I have no idea what is actually planned. It's a joke and just that.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
I think FS1 alpha 1 was a male, you can tell by the sound of the voice during the last monologue
Stuff

Kind of off topic, but does anyone else see Calder as Alpha 1 from FS1?

no, because fs1 alpha 1 is in the fedayeen
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Heh. Next question. Is Al-Dawa FS1 Alpha 1 then?

It would fit, seeing as Alpha 1 supposedly formed the Fedayeen...

I was just about to ask that   :)

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Al-Dawa is more than one person last I checked.

I doubt the BP team will ever put an identity to any of the playable characters, it kind of goes against the spirit of the Freespace 1 and 2
Stuff

Offline Aesaar

Kind of off topic, but does anyone else see Calder as Alpha 1 from FS1?
Calder's service history is available in the techroom.  IIRC, he was the gunnery officer on a Fenris when the node collapsed.

no, because fs1 alpha 1 is in the fedayeen
He might also be dead by this point.

That would actually suck if Alpha 1 were still alive with the possibility of Shivans coming to Sol. After all, he did say that he did not expect to "see them in his lifetime" after the node collapsed.