Author Topic: Steele, a theory  (Read 6648 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Key word being "expect." Because nobody expects the Shivan inquisition!

we really didn't need you to add a link explaining the reference
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline An4ximandros

Some peeps might not get it otherwise and it would kill it if they ask.

Offline Kolgena

Al-dawa is a hive mind. I'd consider Alpha 1 to possibly be a component of it.

Actually, Al-Da'wa isn't.  IIRC he's a gestalt consciousness created by combining bits of the personalities of everyone who accesses the Dreamscape through CASSANDRA and he actually resides in CASSANDRA when not taking over the bodies of random members of the Fedayeen through Nagari.  That's why Al-Da'wa is referred to as being all of the Fedayeen and not just some.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Kolgena

So he's a copy pasta reaper that is capable of ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL?

Considering Al-Da'wa is not a one-dimensional cliched villain, no. :P  I'm pretty sure he's far more nuanced than a Reaper.  I do wonder whether or not he bothers to ask permission first and what happens to the current inhabiting consciousness of that body, however.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Considering Al-Da'wa is not a one-dimensional cliched villain, no. :P  I'm pretty sure he's far more nuanced than a Reaper.  I do wonder whether or not he bothers to ask permission first and what happens to the current inhabiting consciousness of that body, however.

If he does ask permission and the... subject is aware, how come it's a secret? If I'm wrong and it's only really a secret to Laporte, feel free to correct me here.

They probably just black out when it happens.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline An4ximandros

Fugue flight. Just like in "Ken" according to it's debriefing.

Offline FIZ

Gonna be a total mind**** when [speculation] The Aquitaine [/speculation] arrives.

Offline An4ximandros

No Petrarch, no point besides pulling a Galatea on a ship we are not attached to. (Also, was I the only who didn't give a single dam when the Gala Beam Banged?)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I don't think the Al Da'wa people are literally taken over by another consciousness. More like, if you're a member of the Al Da'wa corps, you occasionally get a call in the dreamscape telling you "go here, find these guys, give them these orders." So you carry out the will of Al Da'wa while maintaining the air of mystery.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
.... More like, if you're a member of the Al Da'wa corps....

:wakka:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
No seriously. Battuta or someone once said that there's basically a group of Fedayeen volunteers that handle Al Da'wa duty.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline qwadtep

No Petrarch, no point besides pulling a Galatea on a ship we are not attached to. (Also, was I the only who didn't give a single dam when the Gala Beam Banged?)
Petrarch is already dead.

Offline An4ximandros

Quote from: An4ximandros
No Petrarch, no point (...)
Implicit: Implied indirectly, without being directly expressed.

Offline -Sara-

I think Al Da'wa might be Ceiling Cat. He has indoctrinated the UEF for decades with pictures of kittens, to condition the Sol population for a gradual take-over by the feline master-race. When conditions are sufficiently favourable, Al Da'wa will at last reveal himself through a subspace aperture above the Earth, appearing as a giant, feline head in the sky.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:26:14 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Looks suspiciously at the kitten he is babysitting for a friend  :shaking:

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Looks suspiciously at the kitten he is babysitting for a friend  :shaking:

Wouldn't that be kittensitting then? :P
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline An4ximandros

I figured it out: Steele is - SPACE! - Batman. I did not just take that from the Naratextures. Nope. No Sir.