Author Topic: Wincomander 3 for free  (Read 3284 times)

Offline cahdoge

• Is a lubricated bug a butterfly?
Wincomander 3 for free
on origin.
Understanding do you me?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Re: Wincomander 3 for free
Got it, thanks for the heads up.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Was the other thread insufficient for some reason?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Lorric

Was the other thread insufficient for some reason?
Ask Flipside. :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
First post I saw, wasn't expecting two threads so wasn't looking for another one. Nothing exciting.

Offline cahdoge

Haven't seen it was away fore one week.

Btw i have the better catch phrase.  :p

(Don't take it too serious Venicious)
Understanding do you me?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
on origin.

so still at a cost then.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
...the cost of installing a program and creating an account that you then never have to use except for those specific games?  I have no desire to ever buy anything through Origin (short of Mass Effect 3 possibly), but if they're going to be throwing stuff out there for free, I'll happily take advantage of it.

Offline cahdoge

they have the "on the house" offer. so for a specific time maybe longer or shorter you may get a specific game for free. They have already given away Battlefield 1942 last month or dead space around three or four months ago.
Understanding do you me?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
...the cost of installing a program and creating an account that you then never have to use except for those specific games?  I have no desire to ever buy anything through Origin (short of Mass Effect 3 possibly), but if they're going to be throwing stuff out there for free, I'll happily take advantage of it.
Err... they've been throwing free stuff out there for quite some time. Battlefield 3, Plants vs. Zombies, Dead Space and others were all being given away at some point.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Yes I got this and ended up highly disappointed. It allows you to configure/calibrate your joystick/gamepad at the beginning, yet during game play, seems not to recognise that it is there?  :blah:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline VPR

I had the same problem but if you press alt+o while in a mission it will take you to the ingame options where you can select the joystick.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:50:05 pm by VPR »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Err... they've been throwing free stuff out there for quite some time. Battlefield 3, Plants vs. Zombies, Dead Space and others were all being given away at some point.
Yes, I'm fully aware of that, seeing as how I installed Origin several months ago to get all of them. :p

Offline cahdoge

It's possible that you have problems with the game because it's the original one runnig in DOSBox. But you can find a pdf of the manual in the game data folder. Yeah there has been a time with mgame manulas i can roughly remember it (X-Wing vs Tiefighter)
Understanding do you me?