Author Topic: So, Mass Effect...  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Is now my number 2 most anticipated game behind Halo 3.

Here's 4 reasons why.

EDIT: Back to 4.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:32:44 pm by Deepblue »

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I  only see three reasons :p

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
it better not be more of this half-ass rushed console only ****.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Half-ass rushed no.

Console only... Likely.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
i,m sure that bioware said in an interview in PCZone or PCgamer that Mass effect would also be on the PC, anyway those screenies and the fact its bioware is reason enough for me to buy a 360
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Looks pretty.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about this one, but I'm not particularly interested unless it comes out on the PC.

And the screenshots hardly tell anything about the game. They look worse than GOW, actually. :p

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
In real-life the game looks better than gears. :p

Alot of that has to do with the animation though.

Why do alien women have tits?  Sheesh.

Maybe interested if it hits the PC.  Otherwise, I'm not gonna be able to play it anyway.

Pretty I suppose.  I'm more interested in Precursors at the moment.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Picture 1: Is that girl supposed to be a soldier?  She's going to provide a real distraction to the men in her platoon, what with that form-fitting uniform of hers...

Picture 3: Holy crap!  That alien is giving the human the finger!111 :eek2:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Why do alien women have tits?  Sheesh.

Well, if they're mammalian at all...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Let's just hope that, unlike Gears, they put some solid effort into crafting a story.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Picture 1: Is that girl supposed to be a soldier?  She's going to provide a real distraction to the men in her platoon, what with that form-fitting uniform of hers...

I suppose we should be grateful for the absence of crotchguards?

To be honest, they're only screenshots.  Flashy, yes, but barely more indicative of game quality than renders from the intro cutscene.  You'd be better off posting the promo trailers (admittedly, the squad combat doesn't look particularly shockingly innovative, just flashy, but that's 'next gen' for you; at least the actual structure of the game and the story should be brilliant, if KoToR is any guide)

looks like Unreal 2. looks ALOT like Unreal 2. Probably using the same engine.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

She's your party member ;7

And in the game you have conversation option to simply pull out the gun and put a hole in his head :D

There are a Trailer and Gameplay Video for download:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
looks like Unreal 2. looks ALOT like Unreal 2. Probably using the same engine.

Nah, it's Unreal 3 engine.  Most 360 (and possibly PS3, although too early to say) use it, which is perhaps why they seem to look so similar (or is that just my laypersons perspective?).

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Let's just hope that, unlike Gears, they put some solid effort into crafting a story.

IMO Gears had a story; it just broke down due to cuts or something similar. There were elements of story there, and as I writer I like to think I can tell the difference between incompetence and and a bad editor. In this case I think it was the second.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Have you never heard of Bioware?

To be honest, they're only screenshots.  Flashy, yes, but barely more indicative of game quality than renders from the intro cutscene.  You'd be better off posting the promo trailers (admittedly, the squad combat doesn't look particularly shockingly innovative, just flashy, but that's 'next gen' for you; at least the actual structure of the game and the story should be brilliant, if KoToR is any guide)

What was the last RPG you played with real-time squad based combat? Oh, and a Bioware story.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
5th Reason to love this game. Badd@ss villain:

And the first video on this page is a good watch:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/#dl-movies
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:42:35 pm by Deepblue »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

What was the last RPG you played with real-time squad based combat? Oh, and a Bioware story.

It's not innovative squad combat, which is my whole point.  I did point out the story should be brilliant given Biowares' past record in the genre.