Author Topic: Work on FreeSpace SCP DVD v2.0 has begun. Thoughts? Comments?  (Read 4684 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: Work on FreeSpace SCP DVD v2.0 has begun. Thoughts? Comments?
Two things:
1.  Any chance of making a quick download available for all those campaigns?  It'd be a great resource for those of us who need the campaigns but not the whole DVD pakc with mediavps.
2.  Boomerang and Warzone are being SCPified by the FSCRP.  They may be released before the mediavps, so make sure you include the new versions if they are available.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yay.  :cool: As someone who just doesn't have the time to keep up with FSOpen and related campaign updates the first DVD was a god send. I'll be looking forward to the next one and all the updates associated with it. Thanks in advance.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

For your FS1 campaigns list, you may also want to include the All Hands to War demo.

www.sectorgame.com/ahtw/index.htm

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
AHtW to be added :)

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
What's wrong with my idea?  Have the installer request the 2nd DVD when options that are on the 2nd DVD are selected to be installed.  (TCs, etc)  Just put a note on the selection that it's on the 2nd DVD, and have the "need 2nd DVD" dialog box have a cancel button, in case they actually don't have the 2nd DVD.  This avoids the dual layer problems.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I've tried that before jr2 but the software for the DVD menu I use will sometime give errors when you swap out the disc.

hip63 :g
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmmmmmm.   What software do you use?  :)

jr2 :p :p :nervous: :p :p

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Also it's more trouble than it's worth, because of the shared menu system you have to put in.

It not a bad idea just problematic at best to set up

I'd rather spend the time on perfecting the installer itself as I do have other projects I'm working on ATM as well. (Like a Fighter Squadron DVD ;))

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:35:17 pm by hip63 »

It'd be really cool if they timed the release in unison with the 10 year celebration of Freespace.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Is it an ISO? Or what? do i just extract to a root before i burn it?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Just a question: Would I really need a DVD to burn this stuff or could I just install it directly into my system?  :confused:

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Yes it is an ISO File.

No you don't have to burn it, it can be mounted in a virtual drive such as daemon tools (www.daemon-tools.cc) or cloneCD virtual drive (www.slysoft.com)

Well that's good to know since I'm poor.  :sigh: