Author Topic: Download speed reduces during FSO installation  (Read 1227 times)

Download speed reduces during FSO installation
When I ran the FSO installer initially it starts downloading the game @ the rated speed of my internet (10mbps), however after 15-20 mins its speed drops to (1-2mbps). I am currently installing the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: Download speed reduces during FSO installation
Well, the Files for the FSO Installer are on different download servers. So it is possible that one server is slower than another one.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

okay

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Sometimes a pause / resume will help if it's not actually the server's load that's the issue.  (I've seen the exact same thing from frickin Microsoft servers, it wasn't the load, it was the darned ISP or the route taken that was the issue).

Another thing that would sometimes magically work was *cough, cough* firing up a tab for speedtest.net  and running a download speed test.

This could all just be me, however, personally I think there was something to it.  :nono:

You could also try using Knossos, that's almost at v1.0 release now (right around the corner if nothing goes wrong).