Author Topic: Official new people thread!  (Read 229694 times)

Re: Official new people thread!
i.e. you can listen to the track "Nothing in Particular" there

Ahhh, that's beautiful too~ :)

My personal favourites are "Briefing E" and "Funeral Ambient" though. :cool:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
It's all here: https://soundcloud.com/matthias-borgias/sets/the-earth-defense-album-freespace-2-music

Thanks! That album brings back good old memories - I almost completely forgot about Meleager and Seeker, which are my favorite tracks in that list.  :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

It's all here: https://soundcloud.com/matthias-borgias/sets/the-earth-defense-album-freespace-2-music

Thanks! That album brings back good old memories - I almost completely forgot about Meleager and Seeker, which are my favorite tracks in that list.  :)

New stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/matthias-borgias/battle-of-the-void/s-aXGJe65YauG

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I love your tracks, this one fits in FreeSpace very well! Maybe, you should create a dedicated thread where to show off your works.  :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline c0mas

Hi everyone and thanks Starlord for pointing me to this community :-) FS was one my all time favorite games and in my personal opinion is still unmatched on some aspects. I'm also a game developer (both at my day job and also as indie in my spare time) and I can say for sure FS is still one of the main inspirational sources :-)

I still have the FS CDs (even that I have no CD drive to stick them in :-) ) but that is something to keep forever :-)

Offline starlord

Welcome cOmas.

To quote strygon earlier from the thread:

Welcome to the HLP Space Station. Exits are to your right and left, and flamethrowers are under your seat. Be careful, though, as they are sometimes filled with water, so bring your own Napalm or try to club someone with the non-working shotguns in the weapon closet. Also, be careful while wandering the ventilation shafts. If you see a large, five-limbed creature that looks really pissed, it’s probably Carl, give him your lunch and he'll hopefully go away. In the event of an emergency, the n00bs will be the last to get into the escape pods, if there’s any room left. The Plasma rifles in the forward locker are released only under authorization of an Admin, :v-old: God, or hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Oh, and whatever you do, don't mention the word Freespace followed by the number 3, if you do put on your Flame-proof suit.

Honestly though, welcome aboard! I'd recommend downloading knossos and going wild with all mods that have been released.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 03:59:31 pm by starlord »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Yes buddy, as mentioned already, welcome to the clubhouse.

What indie stuff have you worked on? 😊
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline c0mas

Yes buddy, as mentioned already, welcome to the clubhouse.

What indie stuff have you worked on? 😊

Well ... my indie passion was always "Space sims" :-) ... so I worked on something for as long as I can remember :-). I did some demos for PC some while ago (the last one is still available here: http://www.dreambuildersstudios.com/ddemos.html) but in the past several years I've been doing a couple of space sims for iOS and Android, both in the same universe, one mission based (Strike Wing: Raptor Rising), one open world, story driven (Stellar Wanderer) ... and now together with a couple of friends we're trying to bring Stellar Wanderer to Steam as well ...  and then who knows :-) ... I will not be able to just sit and not do anything ... so most likely I'll be working on extending one or the projects or making a new iteration :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It says on your company profile page you guys worked on ps2 upwards.... That's cool to see...  The game engine on your site seems interesting as well.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline c0mas

It says on your company profile page you guys worked on ps2 upwards.... That's cool to see...  The game engine on your site seems interesting as well.

Now that you pointed out ... I think the engine description needs an update :-)

Well, yes, 20+ years of game dev each :-)) ... makes me feel a bit old :D

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
... but in the past several years I've been doing a couple of space sims for iOS and Android, both in the same universe, one mission based (Strike Wing: Raptor Rising), one open world, story driven (Stellar Wanderer) ...

I had both of those in my Android library!  I got a new phone a while back so haven't played in a while but am installing again now.  :)
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline c0mas

... but in the past several years I've been doing a couple of space sims for iOS and Android, both in the same universe, one mission based (Strike Wing: Raptor Rising), one open world, story driven (Stellar Wanderer) ...

I had both of those in my Android library!  I got a new phone a while back so haven't played in a while but am installing again now.  :)

Sweet :-) I hope you go easy with me when you'll hit a bug :D

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi everyone and thanks Starlord for pointing me to this community :-) FS was one my all time favorite games and in my personal opinion is still unmatched on some aspects. I'm also a game developer (both at my day job and also as indie in my spare time) and I can say for sure FS is still one of the main inspirational sources :-)

I still have the FS CDs (even that I have no CD drive to stick them in :-) ) but that is something to keep forever :-)

Welcome aboard pilot :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline c0mas

Welcome aboard pilot :-)

Thanks! :-)

Offline starlord

Maybe you can give us some more info on stellar wanderer in the gaming discussion thread?

im absolutely tickled that this forum and modding community exists. its been a long time since iv been this excited lol

Offline Voelkel

• Reunion dev
Hello.

I've been lurking around these forums for a while, decided to register.

I have been playing Freespace 2 for about 20 years now on and off, ever since I got its free install discs from a gaming magazine when I was 10.

I actually made three custom campaigns and well over 100 missions in FRED. Working on a fourth right now, which might actually see release.

Some of you might know me from Discovery Freelancer, been playing that game for a while as well.

Offline starlord

Welcome. Feel right at home. Freders are always in short supply.

By the way, would you still have those 3 campaigns somewhere? They could be hosted.