Author Topic: Models awaiting geometry  (Read 8811 times)

Models awaiting geometry
bluestar finished

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
SH Death Cloud (needs LOD0) (not sure how to approach this, ideas anyone?)

The Death Cloud should have a skeleton superstructure inside and a cloud of particles that surround it /forming
an unpenetrable cloud using sight only/

In the inner structure there should be a heavily armed control center (as seen in the A call to arms) and the main motors
along with the thermonuclear missle launchers...

The size of that thing will have to be tremendous, at leat similar to the current VPK or even bigger:nervous:
EDIT: also capships will have to be able to fly inside the Death Cloud which makes things tricky...:doubt:

That will be it i guess;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 07:53:51 am by 2633 »
"Another fellow pilot"

well my call on the SH death cloud... with how large it is, you might at well make it a nebula when you are fighting inside it because its so big, i mean lets think about it. Any mission that has a SH death cloud might as well be broken down into two missions, the first with the death cloud on approach, even then it never really approaches is just phases in around its enemy. So it could just be red alerted in.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
You want to hear my opinion? Thats ok, I'll tell it anyway...

I think we should consider should we actually model the deathcloud. I may not be fully aware whats going on in the SCP department and what is the engine capable of nowdays. But unless the deathcloud can be implement so that it really works and looks like on TV, then don't waste time and effort. At least not yet.

There still are many ships that need to be done. And that have more uses than the deathcloud. Just face it, it really didn't appear that many times during the war without destroying everything...
(dunno about the first Shadow war though)

Here's my suggestion... Should the deathcloud be needed, use backgrounds. Should not be too hard to make it look like in the battle of Coriana 6... (Witohut the goofy "structure" that I always considered to be a bit silly). And since there is some effort directed towards animated backgrounds in SCP, the result should be quite good actually...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline aipz

Prophet's idea is the most CPU friendly...:)
It definetly is not a top priority craft...
Besides the death cloud would be implemented in just 1-3 missions...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by karajorma
FA could use a narn transport of some kind. Apparently most people have been using EA Shuttles cause there is nothing suitable to use for the Narn.

how about a de-armed Raider Battle Wagon ?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That's a narn frieghter conversion.  The transport is much smaller, capable of entering docking bays.  A most noteable example of this ship is in S1 "By Any Means Necessary", but it doesn't stay intact long. :D
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I believe the Raider Battlewagon is a Narn freighter conversion.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
So I hear... But what exactly in it is Narnish?

It's made of two boxes, engine and a spinning thingy.

The boxes look more like EA lego design.
Engine is the same kind as in other EA freighters.
The spinning thingy is ofcourse not needed in a freighter, but is only there for the Zephyrs...

What does it have that indicates that it is Narn design? Other than people who say it is...

Granted, the older Narn vessels have certain roughness that is found in EA vessels, but they still have the "sleekness" that is characteristic to Narns ships. Two boxes, engine and a spinning thingy are not sleek.

If it is to be made in to a freighter. I vote for a universal crapheap that all races use for low value freight.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Offline aipz

About universal crapheap...
If it is to be made in to a freighter. I vote for a universal crapheap that all races use for low value freight.

I would say it could fit the Narn and League of Non-aligned worlds...
As those factions already use similar missles ;)

The freighters should be bulky and cumbersome as they can carry more cargo...:lol:
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by aipz
The freighters should be bulky and cumbersome as they can carry more cargo...:lol:

True... As many FS freighters are. But how much wasted surface does the EA freighter have? It could easily carry twice the amount of pods. (I think Buda5 raider campaign had nice superfreighter, anyone remember that?)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Roanoke
how about a de-armed Raider Battle Wagon ?

Far too big. Launching one of those from the launch bay of a G'Quon would look somewhat silly :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Prophet
So I hear... But what exactly in it is Narnish?

It's made of two boxes, engine and a spinning thingy.

The boxes look more like EA lego design.
Engine is the same kind as in other EA freighters.
The spinning thingy is ofcourse not needed in a freighter, but is only there for the Zephyrs...

What does it have that indicates that it is Narn design? Other than people who say it is...

Granted, the older Narn vessels have certain roughness that is found in EA vessels, but they still have the "sleekness" that is characteristic to Narns ships. Two boxes, engine and a spinning thingy are not sleek.

You're getting mixed up between the Raider Carrier and the Raider Battlewagon.  You're describing the carrier, but its the battlewagon that's supposedly a converted narn freighter.

Originally posted by karajorma

Far too big. Launching one of those from the launch bay of a G'Quon would look somewhat silly :D

If you're looking for a small Narn transport, there's one in the episode where the TV crew come to Babylon 5 - I think it's Series 2, "And Now for a Word".

The craft looks like the front half of a Narn Heavy Fighter fitted to a boxy rear end (makes sense for a cargo vessel), has 4 engines and a pair of cannon (I think; it's been a while since I've seen the episode).  The craft attacks a Centauri transport carrying weapons outside Babylon 5 (and is filmed by the IGN news crew) before being splashed by a Starfury (anyone remember the "Fox Five" call made during that attack..?  :)  )

ShockWave

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
THAT's the Narn transport.  As I already said, it was also seen in S1 "By Any Means Necessary".

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. That is the one I was on about needing :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fabbro

Isnt the battlewagon the round one? Because that looks pretty narnish, with the red and black strips going down it.

Offline aipz

So we might say we're considering 2 ships here:
1. Narn transport seen in those eps mentioned above
2. Some closer not identified Narn freighter on which the Raider Battlewagon was based
As I assume :)
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
You're getting mixed up between the Raider Carrier and the Raider Battlewagon.  You're describing the carrier, but its the battlewagon that's supposedly a converted narn freighter.

:eek2: But... I... ****.
Meh. Smoeone must have edited the post after I read it... Yes, that must be it. This is a conspiracy! You are all after me!
But you cant harm me. For I have a watermelon! Yes! And inside that watermelon is a troll... It is a troll that can destroy people with a mere thought! HAH! Yes it can! So stay away from me! All of you!
*runs away laughing* :dizzy: