Author Topic: Newb. Can't get installer to work on Win7  (Read 2401 times)

Newb. Can't get installer to work on Win7
Heya,

So I just downloaded the main game, mounted it with deamon tools lite, opened up the installer, clicked install and.... BOOM. Well, not so much BOOM and BEEP. In other words, it doesn't work. It refuses to install on my Windows 7 64bit computer, I'm assuming this is because the program itself is 16bit? Anyway, I don't know if anyone even checks these forums anymore, but if you do, and if you know how to fix my problem, please let me know! This looks like an awesome game, and I love the B5 universe, so hopefully I can get it running without too much hassle. :D

Thanks,

~M101

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Newb. Can't get installer to work on Win7
Yes, we check these forums, this is a very active community.

I'm going to read between the lines here and guess you have a torrented copy of FreeSpace 2. For legal reasons we can't support those. It is very simple to get FreeSpace 2 running with upgraded graphics and loads of new content on Windows 7 -

oh bleh this is The Babylon Project forum. Then I've got no idea, since I've never worked with their installer. Hopefully a TBP staffer can help out.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Newb. Can't get installer to work on Win7
Is this the DVD version or just 3.4b? 

A corrupted installer is always a possibility so try re-downloading.  You could also try running the installer in compatibility mode or as an admin. 

Seems strange no one else has reported this issue. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras