Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844385 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Alves still looks the same.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Do you still use FS1-style briefing icons? That's another thing I didn't like (I'm going to get burnt again :nervous: ).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
They're far easier for me to make as it takes only a few minutes per icon. I tried once for 20 minutes on a fs2 style one and it still looked crap after that.

So the FS1 style stays unless someone else replace them all.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
 :confused: Then how did you guys make the loadout icons? Isn't it a similar matter?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We use -ship_choice_3d to autogenerate everything except shield icons.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well who else doesn't use that :lol: ? I meant the R1 ones. Making R1 loadout icons are similar matter to making briefing icons (Or did some retired guy make the old loadout icons?). And that's veeery suspicious that you people can make HTL .pofs, cool textures and cb anims but can't make a measley briefing icon. I made one just now and it looks... Marginally (?) good. It's of the Warlock but it's a bit darker than the majority of FS2-style briefing icons and lacks some of the detail but doesn't look half bad (or maybe it's just because I made it). Emm... I don't really know if you'd want it or even how to showcase it (n00b) on a forum like this. Do I need hosting to use the 'Attach' option? :blah:

In the EXTREMELY small chance that you may want me to do more or something, I think I can do a *few* if you just send me a side icon of a ship you need.

Can you just tell me (in a sort of 'attach picture for real idiot' form) how to get the image viewable? I'll just try to attach it without hosting now (am I being the incarnation of n00b?). Err... It's only one frame, but I figured that if you didn't want it I didn't see the point in making any more.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I *think* the attachment is working.  :nervous:

Err... I didn't want to make a third post in a row, but I would just like to say that I made the Melia icon (both icons), the Tereus icon and the Nemesis icon in this short time. :) Unfortunately, the Nemesis icon had to use the old R1 version because i couldn't get the Nemesis in the screenshots to look right.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:19:05 pm by Snail »

You wanna update the icons, go right ahead. It is odd to see FS1 icons in..... wait a minute, what year does Infeno start in?  :D

I mean the EA/GTVA war, not INF Alliance.

And yes the attachment is working.  :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Okay, I've got 7 new icons. They are of the Tereus, the Lindos (top view), the Ezechiel (top view), Eclipse, Ennead (top), Apothess and Nemesis. Including the Warlock that is 8 new icons. All except the Warlock have both stages (highlighted and normal). I hope Woo likes these or I would have wasted about half an hour of my life.  :o

Oh, and I called myself Snail because I started a campaign in like 2001 called 'The Return of Conquest' and I still haven't finished the second mission.  ::) It's not like I'm going to ask for staff or anything because I've already given up on it...  :blah:

And errr... I would really need some of the new INF SCP side/top views to make any good icons. Hell, the Nemesis, Tereus and Eclipse might have to be redone because of those shiny new turrets. I might also do the Oberon if I can make the OTT Baku look like it. Emm... here's the Tereus' icon, to show that the Warlock wasn't my best skill (i use a different method now, it doesn't look so pixelated and is done in about half the time).

Meep... Done the Geb!

Is the fade in/fade out icons before these are accepted?  :eek2:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 06:07:16 am by Snail »

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
There actually quite good, but i wouldn't have individual icons for every fighter. AFAIK you can only have a certain number of icons, and having individual icons would break the limit for sure (unless Inferno SCP has risen the limit of course).
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Ezechiel was there to replace the triangle (unless Woo refuses of course), just like the Perseus, Serapis and Basilisk represented the FS2 briefing icons for fighters. But it would be fantastic if it was possible to make one for every fighter. I don't think I would probably have the time to do 200 ships though. I was thinking that the Largeship would be used to represent the Superdestroyer. I've finally got the OTT Baku to look like the INF Oberon and I'm doing its icon now. Oh and I hope INF is using the GVSD Duat cause I made an icon for that one too. What other R1 ships look similar to their R2 replacements? I could make a reasonable sized icon fleet to replace the FS1 type briefings. I just wish Woo would send me a few side or top pics of R2 ships so I could make icons for them.  ;). I looked through the R1 VP and there are no fade in/fade out icons. Does that mean they're not needed?  :nervous:

Yeah, good luck getting the Gargant to make an icon for that!  ;)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
All I need is one screenshot of the Gargant in Modelview on the side or top. But I doubt he'd even give me that. :rolleyes:

Erm... If anybody's interested anymore, I've done 24 complete icons which are of the Tereus, Lindos, Auriga, Darkness, Eclipse, Scorpion, Durja, Rakshasa, Kismat, Arachnas, Danaus, Raynor, Warlock (new), Phobos, Ticonderoga, Ezechiel, Melia, Oberon, Argo, Saa (Shai), Apothess, Asarte, Geb, Aoh, and Duat.

All mentioned Icons have both stages, but are all of them are creaed from low poly models. The Auriga's icon is based on a hastily reskinned low-poly Orion. I created the Argo because I just HATE the old one :mad2:. The Asarte is there in case the Duat isn't used. Meep! Ancients time. :D. Anybody have an idea about what the Kabachanet (sp?) is supposed to be? Carrier? Destroyer?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 11:45:34 am by Snail »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'd need to see those working in game first.

Most of those ships are updated though, so those icons won't match the next release versions.

You'd need to do fade in/outs for this type of icon, but the FS1 style didn't really need them.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I still can't download this Warlock and Tereus icons,dammit!

I think that Snail is going to join the Inferno Team...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I cancelled the entire thing. I may restart it after INF SCP is released, however. It could come in a pack with the voices if anyone wants to do a post-release voice thing.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
We need to post in the Voice Acting board,right?
If we are lucky we can have good results in a short period :lol:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well there's nothing stopping you lot making a voice addon for R1 using the voice actors forum.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
There has been a serious lack of eyecandy in these past few pages.  :(
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is eyecandy dissection okay?

Problems:
"Command: We're taking damage! Destroy those bombers immediately."
Why would Command be saying he's taking damage? It is probably aimed at the Oracle and not Command. This message has to be fixed.

"Is that the Nemesis, I always thought it would be bigger"
Should be "Is that the Nemesis? I always thought it would be bigger."

and

"...after we take care of these fighters"
Should have a full stop or exclamation mark.

:D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:16:53 pm by Snail »