Author Topic: Some updates  (Read 4946 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
In lieu of a recent newsletter, I thought I'd drop by and point out a couple of things.

We have a new musician, swashmebuckle, now on board.  He's been coming up with a lot of original works lately.

The website has undergone another backend overhaul, most of which is again invisible to the user, but, the screenshot gallery code has received a huge update.  It's now portable and has some new sorting features, plus thickbox support!

There have also been some big improvements in the backend development processes as well, so while it may seem like not much has happened lately, there's really been quite a lot.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Well, that's definitely great to hear.  Considering it's a smallish team working on FotG right now, it's quite incredible what you folks have accomplished since picking up the project.

Just to keep the thread a bit more alive, in what aspects do you mean backend development processes?

Cheers

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
SVN and internal Mantis have been added to our toolkit for one.  I've also been working to get the backups on the ftp server up to date in case of another failure of some sort.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays