Author Topic: And then...there was progress  (Read 12536 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: And then...there was progress
Just FYI, the widescreen HUD has currently had more attention than the full screen.  Here it is.

Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline newman

Oh, that's much better. My only suggestion would be to group the G,S,E gauges together instead of separating them, and adding a border to the radar display. Other than that looks good. I can see you're not going to have fun adjusting the non widescreen version though :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Yeah, the fullscreen HUD is quite a mess right now (sorry TopAce!).  Currently I have the ETS split by the shield icon so that all the Gun, Shield, and Engine stuff stays neatly grouped together (except for the actual weapons gauge which is something I only glance at occasionally), and because I love how the player shield icon looks right in front of your nose there.  I'm certainly open to alternate suggestions for the positions though--as you know I'm on IRC pretty much all the time :)

The final radar gauge will indeed have a border, as well as some other changes chief has suggested.  Thanks for the feedback!

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'd like to see my suggestions before we call them final, I could be way off you know :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays