Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda  (Read 60997 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Salarian Infiltrator FTW.

Novaguard > all.  If you were hosting.  Hopefully they fix the lag-related problems with Charge this time around.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Kszyhu

I prefer Paladin, even though a good match sounds like an extended earthquake in a crockery warehouse. By the way, there are still people playing ME3 multiplayer.

I'm mostly excited because of lack of character class to be tied to. If possible, I plan to make an offensive tech powers/firearms hybrid build. Something like Sentinel, minus the biotics maybe. The whole scanning and collecting new technologies to make upgrades and new weapons also seems to be very tasty as I tend to explore every square inch in such games.

But what made me a little worried though...
-Due to complications in the awakening process, your sibling won't join you in combat but you can interact with them and build a relationship

The last word to be precise. When translated to Polish, it's meaning in that context can vary from simple interaction to even incest O___o. While I've got absolutely nothing against the variety of romance options and orientations in BioWare games, that would be too much... So I hope that I may have only misunderstood that part or it's just my inner paranoia xD.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see the whole family in action :D

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
@Col.Hornet

I wouldn't worry about Bioware and those sorts of relationships. While they are a company that will shoehorn things in for better or worse, I'd chalk it up to translation over anything else.

This game is going to make or break Bioware for me as a developer. I loved ME1 and have been lukewarm to disappointed with their offerings as of late. Some of it could be I'm getting sick of their plotlines. I don't know if it's too much to hope for the quality of open world that CDPR accomplished with the Witcher 3, but if Bioware can come closer to that quality of content, I might not ditch the train yet.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Time for some action!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4&t

Combat looks pretty awesome (ME3 on steroids). I guess they used a combination of Sentinel/Vanguard hybrid skills for the presentation. These jetpacks though.... :nono: I hope they will make a serious limitations for them so we won't be able to overuse them. I seriously hate "Quake rocket-jump-like" stuff.

What kinda spooked me are the facial animations (Sara's wooden face xD). They need to be fixed ASAP.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What kinda spooked me are the facial animations (Sara's wooden face xD). They need to be fixed ASAP.

Remember that we're talking about Bioware here. While they're not as bad in the animation department as Telltale, they're still really really bad.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Remember that we're talking about Bioware here. While they're not as bad in the animation department as Telltale, they're still really really bad.

Guess that some things will never change  :lol:

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I've never played any of the Mass Effect games, but I wouldn't play this out of principle just because of the generic clipart trailer sound effects. There's hardly anything more off-putting than that stupid BOUMMMMMM and DRRRRRRRR crap.

Offline Luis Dias

Yeah that's exactly why you won't play it, I totally buy that.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Sometimes things annoy you so much that you need to get to say that you wouldn't X on principle because of it, even if you wouldn't anyway.

Offline Luis Dias

I should know better, it was obvious in hindsight. Excuse me, I am a stupid idiot and I'm going to flagellate myself now.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
2nd briefing is up.  Oh, I've been hankering for another game to get sucked into multiplayer.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

New gameplay. Nothing special in my opinion. Just some chaotic grasshopper jumping. However, what got my attention is the skill system and interface.

Offline Luis Dias

New release date: 3/21. As in, countdown to Andromeda launch. Cheesy, fun.

(Also, I hate those Star Warsy asteroids. Hate them. Hate. Hate. HATE.

I hated when Star Trek started having them because "Empire" and ****.
I loved it when Mass Effect *didn't have* anything like this.
I hate it now that Andromeda has them.

- and yes, this goes for FreeSpace too, but at least that comes with some fun gameplay.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:13:49 am by Luis Dias »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The only way to make asteroid fields notable in settings where combat takes place on a visual scale is to have them be unrealistic.  The fact that Mass Effect combat takes place on a visual scale is probably the thing to be annoyed at here, given the codex entries in the first game.

Offline Luis Dias

Just don't have them. And regarding visual scale in space combat, well that is as stupid as velocities in FreeSpace, but at least in Mass Effect one could look at the sky or the map and slightly imagine that all those vistas would at least be consistent with some scientific truth. Even the Suicide Mission black hole vista was quite realistic in portraying hundreds of ships scattered in there - a bit similar to asteroid fields - because we could really imagine how that happened.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
B-but muh immersion and muh realism in muh space games
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
B-but muh immersion and muh realism in muh space games

:lol:

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Luis Dias

Meh, probably just a sign of general badness. Every single movie I've seen with these kinds of silly asteroids have been terribad, except for Empire of course, which started off the fad. Even FreeSpace 2 knows how to avoid those missions (such missions are generally entirely forgettable).

Didn't help that the whole space field that exists in every single star system in No Man's Sky is filled with SpaceRocks. Because "fun"? It just seems lazy.

"Hey, we got a space game! You don't believe it how fun it can be? See, we have SpaceRocks! And our ship has to surf between them! Seee? Funnn!! Like a Ski game!! And remember Empire? We're just like Empire!!"

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Guess I need to get around to upgrading my video card before the end of March.