Author Topic: HUD Size  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Mebber

Hi,

I've got 2 little questions:

I'm currently playing at 1920x1080 but the HUD gauges are pretty small. Is there any method to scale up the HUD?

Second question: it has been awhile since i've played FSO, but i have read something about a new pilot code, not sure what this means. Is it still necessary to create a new pilot for different mods/campaigns, or can i now use a single pilot file?

Thx, Mebber

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Well, it seems that with 3.7.4 and newer FSO you should be able to play all of the mods without creating new pilots. At least that's what I do.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Axem

Assuming you're using FS Open, my suggestion to you for making hud gauges more readable is to use my slightly modded hud gauges here. It makes all the gauges much better for 1920x1080.

I recommend the Ax2HUD one, it makes reading messages so much easier.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
You might also check out this thread:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91215.0

I think I am using the one Shivan Hunter made, but I may check out Axem's that he just posted.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Mebber

Yes, i am using FS open 3.7.4 Final + the MediaVPs_2014. Currently i'm also using FSPort 3.5 with the FSPort MediaVPs.

Quote from: MitoPL
Well, it seems that with 3.7.4 and newer FSO you should be able to play all of the mods without creating new pilots. At least that's what I do.

Thank you for the answer. That's good to know, managing multiple pilots was annoying.

Quote from: Axem
I recommend the Ax2HUD one, it makes reading messages so much easier.

Thank you for the file Axem! Your HUD (Ax2Hud) makes it much, much easier to read the gauges and messages at 1920x1080.

It works very good with the MediaVPs_2014, but i've got problems to get it working with FSPort. The reticle in FSPort is messed up if i use the HUD. I found this thread but i don't know how to use a .tbm file. Where do i need to put a .tbm file?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:45:51 pm by Mebber »

You need to create a data\tables directory inside the mod where you want to use your tbm file.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:32:19 pm by krevett62 »

Offline Mebber

Hm, tried that, didn't worked. I will try again.

Edit1:

Nevermind, i found the problem. I placed the file in a "table"-named directory instead of a "tables" folder. Now everything works just fine, thank you!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:08:39 pm by Mebber »