Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Infinity War
« Last post by Sandwich on January 19, 2018, 04:55:27 am »
Considering that this is the culmination of everything they've been building up to since the appearance of the tesseract in Captain America: The First Avenger, I'd say I'm pretty hyped. They have to cover a number of long looked-forward-to moments in this, such as the reveal of the last Infinity Stone, the unification of the Guardians and the Avengers, the revealing of just why Thanos is to be feared so badly (I bet he kills an Avenger before even getting all the Stones, and Vision dying doesn't count since that seems kinda obvious, seeing as he is built around the Stone in his forehead), etc.

Remember that the most powerful Marvel protagonist to date, Dr. Strange, will have to have a key component of that power removed, as the time pendant he has is actually one of the Infinity Stones.

Finally, I'm actually pleased that they dropped the idea of two Infinity War movies, because that worked oh-so-well for the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies. I'd much rather have a 3-hour self-contained story than a 4-5 hour story artificially split down the middle at some sort of cliffhanger/resolution moment into two movies.
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: The CMake build system
« Last post by m!m on January 19, 2018, 04:40:42 am »
Try compiling a debug build and launching FSO with an attached debugger. That will show where the crash occurs.
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: The CMake build system
« Last post by den5 on January 19, 2018, 04:38:02 am »
I got VS2017 and was able to compile fs2_open. But now another problem. The game crashes at any time, any mods \ campaign \ mission. This does not happen with Nightly Builds. What happened this time?
General Discussion / Re: *SPOILER THREAD* Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Last post by karajorma on January 19, 2018, 04:10:11 am »
The movie does cover this very briefly. Some of the trainees followed Kylo Ren, presumably they became the Knights of Ren. The rest were slaughtered.
General Discussion / Re: *SPOILER THREAD* Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Last post by Sandwich on January 19, 2018, 04:07:06 am »
Subject change, AKA On To Mysteries We're Still Left With: If Luke was training the next generation of Jedi, what happened to the rest of the trainees? Are they the knights of Ren? Or at least, the ones who didn't oppose Kylo's actions? Perhaps the Jedi Academy was named the Ren Jedi Academy or something.
Blue Planet / Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
« Last post by Hjolnai on January 19, 2018, 03:52:49 am »
Yes, I guess I'm reaching a bit too far. This information on Rear Admiral Carey makes it clear that Steele didn't leak the Agincourt's location himself. I still don't have a compelling reason for the GTVA force to not destroy or sabotage the gate in Aristeia, though.

The best explanation I can think of is the Hood's captain deferring to a standing order about not destroying undefended civilian infrastructure, and Steele not directly countermanding it. He was rather busy elsewhere, after all.

An alternative explanation is that the gate was indeed mined, and the mines were found and disarmed after Laporte left the field but before the Agincourt jumps (I don't remember whether it can jump before you do).

From the perspective of game design it makes perfect sense though. Dealing with any of that would disrupt the flow of an excellent mission.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PCS2 Linux builds
« Last post by Darkmage on January 19, 2018, 02:23:18 am »
I am now on Debian Buster. I can build/run PCS2 on Linux. On Intel Graphics it has some glitches. On NVIDIA it runs fine. I have imported a DAE file. There needs to be a decent tutorial added to the PCS2 code repository so it's easier to get into using the program. It appears to work. I need to test Caligari .COB import once I've made some corrections to a model I've made. E.g Triangulation, naming detail0 etc.
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: A celebration of Freespace
« Last post by starwolf1991 on January 19, 2018, 12:41:33 am »
Mentu is looking gorgeous with those PBR textures. Great stuff! Would love to see more of what this initiative has to offer.
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: Cutscene Upgrade [RELEASE: EndGame (FS1)]
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on January 18, 2018, 11:06:41 pm »
Don't the cables look a little too thick?  :drevil:
FS2 Open Tools / Making small edits to existing ship models. Where do I start?
« Last post by emark4 on January 18, 2018, 10:51:52 pm »
I want to do some small edits to an existing fighter, Ex: having lines on the cckpit canopy like an X-wing, or retexturing the Blue Planst Uhlan fighter with a different color. What program should I be using?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10