Author Topic: [WIP] SCv Moloch  (Read 31078 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Lovecraftian is good. I would love more.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

I love the ‘evil dolphin’ look

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Eeeh... No tentacles this time.

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You mean cables? The short spokes remind me of short tentacles. ;7

Yeah, the back hasn't been worked on yet, but seeing the bits floating in the void reminds me of the Great Darkness.

The Moloch is shaping up to be a fine complement, appearance-wise, to the new Shivan warships. Keep going. :yes:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I love how it looks like a hybrid between a barnacle crustacean and a coral colony.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Nice to see that you are on the job. And nice to see the "rooster comb" still being a part of the model.  :yes:

No tentacles this time.

Then she will not be able to take on the world :nervous:
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Nice work!

If I could make one small suggestion it would be to bring back the overhang at the front of the turkey crest. The way it overhangs the centail 'eye' gun helps to protect it, making it a little more difficult to de-fang, which helps to make up for the ships otherwise anemic weaponry.

(I always thought the eye gun should be something more impressive than a simple blob turret. Perhaps the Shivan equivalent of a spinal railgun / gauss gun / mass driver etc.

Looking forward to seeing it  its 'final form'  ;7
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

It’s great that it’s a much better fit for the original shape AND so consistent with the other Shivan ships.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm getting a cuttlefish vibe.

Looking forward to the half life barnacle hangar.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Nice to see that you are on the job. And nice to see the "rooster comb" still being a part of the model.  :yes:

And can that comb be bright pink?

I want my punk "no one understands me" Shivan Corvette :D

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

I'm neutral on the rooster comb, but I am glad to see the ridged middle spine/connecting spur of the Moloch as it suggests a shipbuilding "kinship" with the Nyxvana. Considering that both ships have the same creator, that's entirely appropriate.

No tentacles this time.

She doesn't need to take on the world, she's only a corvette! Leave the world-taking to the juggernauts and get that corvette back to a support position! :p

Seriously, there's a time and a place for tentacles and this ain't it. Tentacles are for octopi and squids, the Watcher in the Water from Lord of the Rings, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and various unspeakable hentai that I make it a point to never watch. :nervous:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 07:17:24 pm by Su-tehp »
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

No tentacles this time.

A Moloch wouldn't do such things anyway

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Moloch gets no respect :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
*snip*

*sigh* If you don't get the referrence, don't make a big production out of it.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

*snip*

*sigh* If you don't get the referrence, don't make a big production out of it.
*sigh* If your reference is a quote from a semi-obscure 27 year-old game, don't be surprised that people don't get it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Gotta agree with the "don't complain if people don't get ANY references, obscure or otherwise" crowd.

Aside from that,  am I the only one more excited to see updated cool animated red stuff than the geometry?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Modelling stage is more-or-less complete. I need to add connections between mohawk scales, and check if all ribs are properly connected to main model, but otherwise the model will not change much from this point.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Looks awesome, although I still think the 'eyebrow ridge' over the 'eye' should be brought back since removing it may affect gameplay / balance etc.

Leaving the eye so exposed will make it easily disabled, which could be a problem. There are some mods - Ancient Shivan War for example - that makes the eye gun the Moloch's primary weapon. Having it nestled under the ridge and between the spikes made it a challenge to de-fang,  you had to face the Moloch pretty much head on and play chicken with it which was scary - in a good way.

This model in its current form would make de-fanging it very easy and may break mission balance - it looks like all you need do is get somewhere above and in front of it to score a hit.

Also it having a cro magnon eyebrow ridge made it look mean and angry  :cool:

Just my two cents. Anyone else noticed this?
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Note how the eye gun is hidden

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
...and hidden from the side...

[attachment deleted by admin]