Author Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  (Read 8370 times)

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Ahh, the memories of those fatefull words; "DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! HIT YOU'RE BURNERS PILOT!"

All I did was gawk at the lovely big ship and think, "But I killed th-" SPLAT!

Good mission!

------------------
Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!!!
I have returned... Again...

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Originally posted by Dark_4ce:
Ahh, the memories of those fatefull words; "DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! HIT YOU'RE BURNERS PILOT!"

All I did was gawk at the lovely big ship and think, "But I killed th-" SPLAT!

Good mission!

hahah

I literally almost pissed in my shorts when I heard him yell for the first time.    I jammed the stick down and hit the afterburner and got tapped on the arse as the Sathanas went by.  

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

Material Defender Studios
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
My reaction was "Urk?" *raises eybrow* *THUD* *raises other eybrow* "D'OH"*smacks forehead*

------------------
All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

Ah yes, the first time I did that a got so scared I fell off my chair.  When I recovered I was a pancake.

Power to the Canadian facist conspiracy plot!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
  You guys are a funny lot. When I was playing this mission for the first time, sound wasn't working on my box so I didn't hear the warning at all. By the time I had finished reading the message I was already staring at the death sequence screen - Setekh has been killed in a collision with SJ Sathanas...
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I dunno how, but I avoided it the first time. I think it's because there's a windows behind my screen, so I bent down to see clearly on the screen and that pushed the joystick  . Anyway I died from the explosion of the first comm node  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
"THere's another unidentified object, what do you think they are commander?"
"What do I look Shivan to you???"  

Now that one was cool!!!

Don't worry about Snipes, he just went for another vacation in the Nebula like in FS2  
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4

Originally posted by Thorn:
I think I just had a flashback...
*DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!!!*
*THUD* *BOOM*

Hmmm... I saw it coming, and assumed that since it was there we were meant to go through the warphole it made (this was before I realized that I could not go through subspace gates made by others. Imagine my suprize at crunching sound I made. Second try: "DIVE DIVE etc." Hmm, what did I do wrong last time? What does he meaCRUNCH. Third try- turned, hit the burners, ran straight into an arm and CRUNCH.

Offline Neon

No comments  

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
First time for me was right after I had started the game for a new bout of FS2 mission-playing, and I did't realize how loud my speakers were... He started screaming in my ears and before he got out all the "DIVE!"'s, I hit ESC and took a few breaths.... then, "Continue, PgUp PgUp PgUp PgUp, nose down and TAB!!!!!!!!!"  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

ROFL!!! I finally got to them after I posted this. The mission was cool but after I died over 5 times I accidently skipped the mission I'm going to play FS2 again anyways though cause the game is so cool. However I felt they needed a better battle at the end. I was hopeing to take out the 80 sathanas myself or something. What I don't get is...

1. Why did the Shivans take admiral Bosh?
2. Why would the shivans want to blow up the sun?
3. Where doese the knossos device lead to?
4. What were those unknown devices in the second SOC missions?
5. Why did some of the Sathanas stay and some leave at the end?

We all want to know WS-Thunder, we all do.
Power to the Canadian facist conspiracy plot!

Offline Neon

I miss the HLP Snipes!  

What happened to him  

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Neon:
I miss the HLP Snipes!  

What happened to him  

He changed his name, now that's raah'tor (or something like that), and he's back for 2 weeks now  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by WS-Thunder:
4. What were those unknown devices in the second SOC missions?

Shivan Comm Nodes. As for all the other questions - you're as much in the dark as we are... :-/

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...

Originally posted by sandwich:
Shivan Comm Nodes. As for all the other questions - you're as much in the dark as we are... :-/

Easy way to kill those things..
Target the crystal subsystem and nail it with a double shot of Trebuchets...
Then run like hell...

------------------
All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by Thorn:
Easy way to kill those things..
Target the crystal subsystem and nail it with a double shot of Trebuchets...
Then run like hell...

Except you only get tempests.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline ^Graff

I'm sure that you get Trebs for that mission.
I guess that I'll have to play it again...

[This message has been edited by ^Graff (edited 10-11-2001).]
Originally posted by Anduril:
Dang, Graff, you good.  :)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Shrike:
Except you only get tempests.

No way. I'm sure I could change my loadout to have more than Tempests in that mission.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I think I died first time I blew those, too. hit backspace and fired Tempests into it from 100 meters away until it went BOOM. To my credit, I think I took the Shivan fighter that had parked right behind me and started shooting with me... Ah, memories.

And the answer to all of your other questions is: because it advances the plot.