Author Topic: A Question of Ships...  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
A Question of Ships...
I was rooting through the forums and found this.  It's an approximate ship count of all the races.

Post by Dark Hunter:

Terrans: 80+
Shivans: ~50 or 60
Vasudans: ~45
Ancients: 20
Nightmares: 4

What caught my eye was the Nightmare ships.  I've never seen them before.  I realize they are non-canon, but I'm stuck wondering, what do they look like?  Anyone have some screenshots?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: A Question of Ships...
They look like green and black choral. Go down to www.hades-combine.com/web and go find nightmares. No one has been able to find the weapond for them, but go ask Aldo to see if he still has the leftovers of Reciprocity (in which they were originally going to be featured).

Offline Tyrian

I don't want them for anything, I just wanted to know what they looked like.  Thanks for the link.

EDIT: Dang, there are no images...only the models.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 06:01:35 pm by Tyrian »

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Umm... This is a shot in modelview32.

(sorry don't have hosting)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Tyrian

Ooooh, creepy.  Now I have to find modelview32.

Sig rising...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Check my FAQ :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Think that's creepy? You should've seen them with the glowmaps I made. Ambient factor was set and they were totally black except for the greenish parts. Hell yeah  :D

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
More hideous than creepy, nowadays.  You should've seen the v2/3 versions with slimy specmaps.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You know, actually the estimate of 80 ships is wrong, go look on Hades-Combine, I mean there are 106 ships on that site alone, and many Terran MODs aren't even on that site. And if you include Aldo's modeldumps, well at least about 20 ships so 120 Terran ships. I'd say that's a lot more than 80. And I'd say there are less than 20 Ancient ships. And I always thought Nightmare ships were cool, especially the Swarmer.

That's why I said, in the post that Tyrian referenced, that those are guesses on my part, and no one should expect them to be accurate.

The thing wrong with the Nightmare ships is that they have custom weapons, yet no weapons.tbl data comes with them. Had to modify every single weapon entry in the ships.tbl........
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

:bump:

If anyone cares, I have found the table data for the Nightmare weapons!
Noise has them hidden away in his ITDOH Chapter 4 VP.

Someone should give them to hades-combine to be included with the Nightmare ship downloads....
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"