Author Topic: New Campaign thought  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
New Campaign thought
It is time to spring this idea onto the unsafe wilds of the forum.  I hope you like;)

Campaign

Name (working):  Into the Halls of Valhalla
length (approx):  30 missions
Mods (Already existing ones, willing to consider new ones::wink: ): YES
Place in timeline: One year after derelict (Using the derelict campaign as history)

Story:  A young pilot is assigned to far off Tania Australis, past Tau Sigma.  Sent to stop a vicious pirate group that had moved in from Tau, The pilot eventually encounters a Shivan fleet (As usual).  He and his squad are abanoned by the GTVA, and it is up to them to save the civillian population and take the fight to the Shivans.  (Please Note: There will be many plot twists to keep things interesting.  I am still writing the story so any input will be considered.)  This campaign offers the chance to go on the offensive for once, delving into the structure of Shivan society and providing us with the chance to disrupt it:devilidea

Completed: 1 and 1/2 missions:jaw:   I hope to have a 3 mission preview Beta posted to the VWArchives by the end of the month.

Staff:  I would like to find some help making missions, but I would rather not take someone who is working on another project (IceFire just turn around and get back to BWO;) ).  If anyone is interested in making missions, leave a post here.
List of potential positions
           1.  Web Master - I could do it, but I'm not great
           2.  FREDers - The more, the merrier, the faster
           3.  Moddle Makers - I may not need any, but if some one really wants to, then post a .jpg and we'll talk.
As the campaign progresses, I'll see what needs to be done.

If anyone wants to comment on the idea, then feel free.  If no one wants to see it made, then tough, because I'm doing it anyway.  The main idea is to get a long campaign released as quickly as possible (ie: without compromissing quality) so we have something to play while waiting for BWO, Machina Terra, etc., etc.  I hope you like the idea, and please put up some posts, and I'll be back to tell you when the previewBeta is up and A web site has been made.

:bump:

Thor
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Not a bad idea, but tell the Derelict people first. I doubt there'll be any permission problems or anything, but they may be able to tell you something useful.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Thor

Will do.  Who should I ask?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Hmmm - I dunno. Go post in General Freespace over at Volitionwatch (www.volitionwatch.com/vwbb) and I'm sure you'll find them.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Thor

Thanks for the tip.  I just made a post.

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Nice campaign idea though. If done properly (which I'm sure it would be :)) it would make a great followup to a great campaign. :nod:

Offline Thor

Hudzy, you want to Help?  Thanks for the complement.

I can help with the story, and write missions (not FRED them). position open?

Offline Thor

I can help with the story, and write missions (not FRED them). position open?

Absolutely!  Welcome to the team;) I'll send you a PM and we'll talk.

Thor

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Re: New Campaign thought
Originally posted by Thor
....A young pilot is assigned to ....

Old story....ever thought of telling the story of a grandpa? THAT would be something cool! :D
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Thor

Sure, that was my first campaign idea.

Name: Into the Halls of Depends
Story:  Grandpa Jimmy Geezer, first year T-V War vet, decides to go flying one last time before he joins "Live forever Bob" in heaven.  He jumps into a perseus interceptor, takes off, and promptly runs into the first thing to cross his path, due to his bad eye sight, slow reaction times, dimentia, and his dentures falling to the floor of the cockpit.

Due to your interest, I will be making a single mission based on this once rejected idea.  And if you don't like it and don't download it, well, :headz: SO look for Grandpa Jimmy Geezer in Into the Halls of Depends!!! Comming soon.

Thor

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Hey sorry, I didn't mean to offend...well...in this place I have an awesome talent to piss off people, and I did not mean it....sorry again...:(
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Thor

No offense taken.  I'm serious too, i'll make that mission.  I also tend to sound hurt and pissed off when i'm being sarastic, but no harm done.  I hope you'll forgive and enjoy the new and only adventure of Jimmy Geezer.

Thor

Offline Thor

Actualy, that was really mean.  Sorry man.  I had a nicer version of that, but then explorer crashed, so my anger was vented on you.  If you have any other suggestion, I take them (with less hostility.;) )  Again, a thousand, million, billion apologies.  (I'm a Canadian, it bugs me to have some one upset with me:sigh: )  Actually Black Sheep, to make up for this, I'll give you a honourary position on the staff - The Piss Other People Off guy in charge of all of our insults and other such activities.  All the glory, and little work :D .  Sorry again

Thor

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Weeee, I guess we discussed that out then :D

Call me, if you need voice for that grandpa mission :cool:
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Thor

Sure thing