Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657471 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: A celebration of Freespace
Sexy sexy sexy, The Raynors looked never better !"!!!!!!!!!1

:jaw:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Hi, I'm kinda new to Freespace, my Friend's been telling me alot about it and it seems to be perpetually in the top 100 in the PC Powerplay annual top 100 games, my friend (I'm not sure if i should mention names) says to wait a bit before i get the game from him because something good is coming out soon... so in the meantime i thought i may try to learn as much as i could about FS2 or the open project or whatever it is from you guys, any recommendations for specific mods etc?

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Welcome...

I don't think you should wait. Go get SCP 3.6.9 now from the online installer.  Of course the next version I hear is soon to be released, but why wait when you can learn how the game works NOW.

The Install comes with a few mods that are sure to keep you busy for a while.

Also The Babylon project is releasing an updated STAND ALONE install soon and of course you should get Battlestar Galactica: Beyond The Red Line (also STAND ALONE).

Babylon project has a forum here and BSG BTRL is at Game-Warden

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 05:33:18 pm by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Don't forget Wing Commander Saga

And Star Wars it just making leaps and bounds, perhaps they'll have a demo out before year's end.  (or better!.. well, you can always hope..)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I'm waiting for some TBP shots...
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Post some SoL shots first.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
You get neither. You get BtRL.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Pwnsome.

My screenshots on Maj... folder needs to be validated by moderators first, so it may take some time before you are able to see them

I really like the new BtrL sun. Shame I don't have it. Right now I use the Lightspeed suns with the Wing Commander flares. And I have HDRish-lite, woo! those are by the way not seen on my screenshots, since I just implented them.

I recommend you all to go to Maj.com.. multi uploading (store them all in a zip) is free of charge there.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:37:07 pm by -Joshua- »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The planets are impressive! I love them! :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Yeah, they are nice to, who does that anyway?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Where can I get the Lightspeed stuff and where do I put the files?

EDIT: And Josh, if you don't like the FPS counter with tray tools, you can disable it in the game profiles section. I just thought that you may not know as it took me ages to find out.

EDIT2: And Kara, can I put some of those shots in the Best ever thread?

EDIT3: Where is the Milkyway skybox located? Do I have to extract it from a VP? Where can I get others?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:24:58 pm by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Hi, I'm kinda new to Freespace, my Friend's been telling me alot about it and it seems to be perpetually in the top 100 in the PC Powerplay annual top 100 games, my friend (I'm not sure if i should mention names) says to wait a bit before i get the game from him because something good is coming out soon... so in the meantime i thought i may try to learn as much as i could about FS2 or the open project or whatever it is from you guys, any recommendations for specific mods etc?
And once 3.6.10 comes out it is a simple process, using Turey's installer, to update your game.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:rolleyes: Turey's works fine on 3.6.9 in the meantime...

And once 3.6.10 comes out it is a simple process, using Turey's installer, to update your game.

Or just download the files yourself. they can be found on this site anyway...

And why does everyone recomend turey's installer? doeing everything manually is faster (or atleast, in my experience), and you are not dependant on the installer, wich happens to be down sometimes. (especially when a new release comes out and everyone uses the turey installer to upgrade, so it goes kaboom)

CCB666> I like the universal FPS Counter, I do not only play fs2, you know.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
:rolleyes: Turey's works fine on 3.6.9 in the meantime...
I'm just saying that it is easy to update...

Or just download the files yourself. they can be found on this site anyway...

And why does everyone recomend turey's installer? doeing everything manually is faster (or atleast, in my experience), and you are not dependant on the installer, wich happens to be down sometimes. (especially when a new release comes out and everyone uses the turey installer to upgrade, so it goes kaboom)

CCB666> I like the universal FPS Counter, I do not only play fs2, you know.
I do not always use the installer. I recommend it to newbs because it is the easiest method. Sure it may not be the fastest, although the difference is negligible, but it downloads everything in one shot.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

So, you're trying to tell me that you tracked down & downloaded all of the mods that Turey's installer has included, set them up, made / modified the mod.ini files to make them work, got all the patches for them, in less time than Turey's would take?  Pardon me if I'm skeptical.

So, you're trying to tell me that you tracked down & downloaded all of the mods that Turey's installer has included, set them up, made / modified the mod.ini files to make them work, got all the patches for them, in less time than Turey's would take?  Pardon me if I'm skeptical.

Ehrm, don't know. Didn't use a stopwatch.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

Try looking at the help requests from before Turey made the installer.

The SCP is not easy to set up correctly. Even people who are fairly FS2 knowledgeable can miss a step or get something wrong. If you know what you're doing then you can set things up yourself but you shouldn't be surprised if you get something wrong and people tell you to use the installer, since you've just proved that you didn't know what you were doing after all. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Try looking at the help requests from before Turey made the installer.

The SCP is not easy to set up correctly. Even people who are fairly FS2 knowledgeable can miss a step or get something wrong. If you know what you're doing then you can set things up yourself but you shouldn't be surprised if you get something wrong and people tell you to use the installer, since you've just proved that you didn't know what you were doing after all. :p

I already did that when setting up my freespace game with the 3.6.7. source and mediavp's without knowing about hard-light, and the 3.6.8 stuff...

My fs2 screens