Author Topic: Official new people thread!  (Read 230047 times)

Offline Asmadi

Re: Official new people thread!
Howdy all! Hoping to do some ship mods but I'm getting lost so I have conceded to lurking here to hopefully find out what I need to know :)
Hoping to get this little guy into the game sometime soon :)

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Hello all,

Looking forward to getting into some FSO modding. I have done some Freelancer modding, and now fancy a go at some proper space combat.
This site seems very well organised with modding information and tutorials, much better than the FL modding sites, from which it is not very easy to find the information you need.

Anyway, will be looking to do an 'Elite' TCM for FSO, with all the ships from the original Elite game, and possibly from Frontier: Elite II as well, the basic idea is you are a new recruit in the Galactic Navy and you progress from early missions keeping local pirate activity at bay through to more and more difficult missions against unfriendly factions from the Elite universe, culminating in some epic battles against the Thargoid Invasion Fleet....

I expect this endeavour to take me at least a year to get somewhere towards a playable game, but I need to finish my FL 'Elite' mod first - looking to complete this around September/October this year.

I am a software developer by trade, familiar with .NET/C# and C++, I can also turn my hand to a bit of 3D modelling as well using AutoCAD & 3DSMax.

O hai dere.

I'm That Man. I used to play FSO many a yonk ago, and now that I can finally see daylight again, my first instinct is, naturally, to say "screw you" to the outside world and get back into Freespace.

(Using cheats to give me, like, six BFReds.)

Offline Arpit

Welcome.  :)

(Using cheats to give me, like, six BFReds.)

What? Only 6 BFReds? There are many mods with even BIGGER beams. I use tons of them.  :p

Offline CaptainCreepy

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
Hello everybody !!

I'm a newcomer in this community, so I would like to introduce myself.

I'm CaptainCreepy, I'm a 18yo biology student in Grenoble, France. I'm also a big fan of science fiction, spaceships and space operas. My list of favourites things :
Films : Enter the Void  by Gaspard NoĆ©/ The whole filmography of Lars Von Trier
Series : Battlestar Galactica ( the 2004 reboot )/ Game of thrones ( original isn't it ? :p )
Video Games : Mass Effect by Bioware, all the Bethesda Games, Sins of a solar empire, planetside 2, tribes ascent.
Music : Alter Bridge, Thomas Bergersen, Aes Dana, Archive, Air, Dire Straits, Dream Theater, Gorillaz, Blazo, Pink Floyd, Vangelis, Jeremy Soule, Jack Wall/Sam Hulick.

I'm not here to make mods, but to help modders. I'm a music composer, with some experience ( Five albums, some tracks for skyrim ). I love to make video game/film music. I can make electronic, orchestral, rock/metal, chillout sountracks.
Listen by yourself :

https://soundcloud.com/captaincreepy
http://captaincreepy.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/creepyskyrim
http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainCreepy9/feed?activity_view=3

Anyway, I'm available to make musics for your mod/trailers.
Cheers ;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you're a fan of BSG, I assume you're checking out Diaspora at some point then. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lorric

Hello.  :)

Offline CaptainCreepy

If you're a fan of BSG, I assume you're checking out Diaspora at some point then. :)

Yes, even though I'm not very good at space sims ^^

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hey, neither are half of us, but we're still here. :p

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
We compensate being nice forumites.

most of the time, that is.
el hombre vicio...

Offline CaptainCreepy

;)

Offline smartcraft

Hello World.
I have a motion theater simulator that seats two people that does a full 360 degree spin and about a 20 Degree forward and backward tilt.
Very effective movement for the movie clips that i have.  I'm wanting to upgrade to a more interactive unit with pilot controls and the other rider controlling the weaponry.  so I'm looking for a gaming or flight simulator that I can match the moves with my flight simulator. My picture is to big to post so you can see what I have to work with but I can post a link when I know I'm with the right group. You can thank the "viper group" and their simulator for learning about you guys.
Thanks
SmartCraft

Hello World.
I have a motion theater simulator that seats two people that does a full 360 degree spin and about a 20 Degree forward and backward tilt.
Very effective movement for the movie clips that i have.  I'm wanting to upgrade to a more interactive unit with pilot controls and the other rider controlling the weaponry.  so I'm looking for a gaming or flight simulator that I can match the moves with my flight simulator. My picture is to big to post so you can see what I have to work with but I can post a link when I know I'm with the right group. You can thank the "viper group" and their simulator for learning about you guys.
Thanks
SmartCraft

That sounds good!

:welcome:

You'll probably want to use LUA scripting to extract the movement from the game engine, or C++ to adapt the game engine directly. I'm not sure how the Viper guys did it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SO OMG!!! I just found Diaspora a couple weeks back, and after really figuring out all the controls and targeting systems and all that stuff I really got into it and its AMAZING!!! So naturally I picked up a couple others and I'm currently in Wing Commander Saga and I love it!!! I haven't played a space sim since oh way back in the Tie Fighter days!

Great work I can't believe what a super awesome community there is around this!

Keep up the great work!

Offline Lorric

Ha ha, hello happy one!  :D

That's similar circumstances and a similar reaction to when I first found this place. :)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
It's been four years since my registration. I forgot to drop by and say hello.

Hello, I'm from Malaysia and currently studing computer engineering. I am interested in game development and programming, particularly improving the game I see fit, and making campaigns and mods. I am very well aware of my autism and I can overcome it, no matter what.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Lorric

Hello.  :)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Hello HLP!

What to start with... I am MitoPL. A young, simple man, who LOVES freespace :). Now guess my nationality :P.
I first time played Freespace when i was 7 or 8. From that moment i was convinced, that FS will be the game of my life. About half a year ago i thought about finding mission pack of some sort. When i saw the campaign list on Hard Light Wiki i was...  :shaking: terrified by the number of campaigns, missions and different stories :). Now i am deep into Fs story and about a month ago started my FRED education... 1 week - to read Volition official instructions, 2 week - do-nothing :P, 3 week - think about my campaign, 4 week - IDEA!
I am now developing a short campaign to test my abilities by trial and error... Goes well for now.
As far as i can tell, i very like any Sci-fi movies/series and i had some fun with making scenarios "what if..." "i would do this otherwise" "how it works?" ect.
Books? Anything we can call a story about something.
My English is rather hmm... basic. I learned some in school and much, much more from games and movies.

Hello, again.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Hello HLP!

What to start with... I am MitoPL. A young, simple man, who LOVES freespace :). Now guess my nationality :P.
I first time played Freespace when i was 7 or 8. From that moment i was convinced, that FS will be the game of my life. About half a year ago i thought about finding mission pack of some sort. When i saw the campaign list on Hard Light Wiki i was...  :shaking: terrified by the number of campaigns, missions and different stories :). Now i am deep into Fs story and about a month ago started my FRED education... 1 week - to read Volition official instructions, 2 week - do-nothing :P, 3 week - think about my campaign, 4 week - IDEA!
I am now developing a short campaign to test my abilities by trial and error... Goes well for now.
As far as i can tell, i very like any Sci-fi movies/series and i had some fun with making scenarios "what if..." "i would do this otherwise" "how it works?" ect.
Books? Anything we can call a story about something.
My English is rather hmm... basic. I learned some in school and much, much more from games and movies.

Hello, again.

My guess would be Polish, based on the PL in your name.

:welcome:

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'd guess the same.

Welcome to HLP man.
el hombre vicio...