Author Topic: Looking for one beta-tester for War in Heaven  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Looking for one beta-tester for War in Heaven
We're looking for one beta-tester for War in Heaven who fits following categorization:
- Plays FS2 on very easy difficulty
- Medium difficulty is often too hard
- Has at least basic knowledge of FS modding
- Is willing to give beta-testing some actual effort

Bonus questions:
- Have you played FS2 or Age of Aquarius with 3.6.12 Feature Pack?
- If yes, what do you think about difficulty?

We are NOT looking for beta-testers to play on easy, medium, hard or insane difficulty.

Whoever would like to apply, please answer to above questions and we will later contact the one person we hand-picked for the job. We will announce in this topic when we've picked someone.

Thank you!

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
Re: Looking for one beta-tester for War in Heaven
;-)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:17:19 am by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
No, this is not indication that the campaign is almost done. Now, let's stay on topic please.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
This is really a hit-and-miss, seeing as how nowadays I actively play on Medium (sudden shift in playing behaviour from end 3.6.9 onwards) but I frequently die so I do see Medium as really hard at times (my Forced Entry diatribe is a good example :lol:) but yet I don't scale down to Easy/V. Easy because that was practically the only difficulty I chose in FS1... and I don't even remember the reason why I picked really easy difficulties in every game I played back then.

Heck, I doubt I even thought anything about difficulty back then, like a robot on autopilot that always picks easy without thinking, just story, story, feel the story... LOL

It sounds like something suitable for AndroExe really (no offense intended). Or is he already on your cards?

Just curious about the whole thing since those conditions look kinda unorthodox to me.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline m!m

Well, I normally play on easy because very easy was too easy for me but I play some campaigns (PI...) on very easy when they are to difficult. I once tried to play the FS2 campaign on Medium but switched to Easy after 3 missions...
I have more than basic modding knowledge an I played AoA with the 3.6.12 Feature Pack and the difficulty was fair in my eyes but I didn't play it with the recent update :nervous:.
My only problem is that I don't actually know if I have enough time for this...

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
We're looking for one beta-tester for War in Heaven who fits following categorization:
- Plays FS2 on very easy difficulty

On the first playthrough, i play mostly on easy to "see" more of the story.
In the second playtrough i switch to medium or hard.

- Medium difficulty is often too hard

doesn't apply here.

- Has at least basic knowledge of FS modding

does apply here.

- Is willing to give beta-testing some actual effort
In what timeframe do you need the beta testing done?

Bonus questions:
- Have you played FS2 or Age of Aquarius with 3.6.12 Feature Pack?
- If yes, what do you think about difficulty?

Yes, i played with the FP, it was a challenge in certain areas. I liked it, since it was a bit different from the typical FSO experience.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Thanks but as I said in the first post, we're only looking for someone who plays on very easy.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
- Plays FS2 on very easy difficulty - Yes
- Medium difficulty is often too hard - Not really; I've just never tried it
- Has at least basic knowledge of FS modding - Yes, but your definition of "basic" may be greater
- Is willing to give beta-testing some actual effort - Yes

Bonus questions:
- Have you played FS2 or Age of Aquarius with 3.6.12 Feature Pack? Having tested your AI out before in both ...But Hate the Traitor and The Dragon Awakes, yes.
- If yes, what do you think about difficulty? I've mentioned this before: it makes the game a lot more fun. Retail AI is a complete pushover in FS2, but this new AI ramps that up to the razor-thin border between challenging and impossible, but falling comfortably within the former.

I've always wanted to see a bit of the inner workings of WiH and be a beta tester myself, so yeah, put me on the list if you think it's appropriate. :)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

This was like tailor made for you lol.  Unfortunately, I overqualify =(

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
If you play on very easy and think the AI is a complete pushover, why don't you turn up the difficulty? :wtf:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Some people are just fine with keeping the difficulty low for the sake of avoiding frustration and having fun with the game.  I've played on Easy for the entire time I've been playing FS; it's only very recently that I've made my first forays into Medium, just to see what it's like.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Some people are just fine with keeping the difficulty low for the sake of avoiding frustration and having fun with the game.  I've played on Easy for the entire time I've been playing FS; it's only very recently that I've made my first forays into Medium, just to see what it's like.

Same, but I'm not saying that the AI is a complete pushover.
They're mostly "bad" because their weapons are crummy and that they're severely handicapped by AI Profiles if you're not on Insane.
If I wanted more challenging AI, I simply up the difficulty...

See, I actually like smashing the dumb, swarming AI more than a few select smart AI even though the mission turns out to be the same overall difficulty.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Some people are just fine with keeping the difficulty low for the sake of avoiding frustration and having fun with the game.  I've played on Easy for the entire time I've been playing FS; it's only very recently that I've made my first forays into Medium, just to see what it's like.

Same, but I'm not saying that the AI is a complete pushover.
They're mostly "bad" because their weapons are crummy and that they're severely handicapped by AI Profiles if you're not on Insane.
If I wanted more challenging AI, I simply up the difficulty...

See, I actually like smashing the dumb, swarming AI more than a few select smart AI even though the mission turns out to be the same overall difficulty.

This way you get a more lifelike AI but with the benefits of the Very Easy damage buffer protection and turret fire penalties.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Yeah I really had that feeling it's tailor-made for AndroExe. No offense though.

A lifelike AI even on easiest difficulty eh. That explains it... I would call it a niche category, but I wouldn't be surprised if more people out there would actually want to play on such a setting (very easy but with AI that doesn't look visibly "dumb" (obviously scaled down in politically correct terms)...

I know I would... if I was the me from ~10 years ago. Where the bad guys are disneykilled for the good ending fluff. :lol:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I'm utterly shocked we got only one qualified application. :p

Androgeos it is. :D

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Maybe because we are too good pilots for that ? :D
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline -Norbert-

I guess MatthTheGeek has a point there. Very easy is just what the name implys. I only ever used that "difficulty" on my very first playthrough of a campaign (most times not even then). And while I played on easy for years I recently started to play on medium... and quite like it.
At least in AoA medium seems to be the most fun difficulty for me (with the occasional exception, were easy was more fun, but I worked through medium anyway, to satisfy my ego  :lol: ).