Author Topic: Old Earth Model  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Solatar

I downloaded and played TBP years ago (I think it was the first relase) and I really liked the earth model that was used. It was slightly innefficient because it was a textured ship, but I liked it better than the skybox version because I could adjust it to be closer/further to the player and now with the advent of skyboxes I would like to use another star skybox instead.

Is the original Earth/Mars model available anywhere still?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I got it, but it has no textures. It's also still the the core, I think.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
There's an Earth Model in INFR1 with textures
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Solatar

The one I'm looking for is the flat model that simulated low earth orbit in the original earth-minbari war campaign.

Sorry to be such a pain guys...I've downloaded both versions of TBP trying to find it and can't.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
well, actually it has!  It's called landscape
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Solatar

That's the lunar landscape, correct? While very useful, it's not what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is a model that is inserted into FRED (like the asteroid "ship"). It is circular and a few hundred meters thick (arbitrarily). When place in the mission faced towards the player, it emulates a skybox but it was created before that technology was available.

Offline Slasher

It should be in the Release 1 and Release 2 downloads somewhere.  If you can't find them, I've got a copy of both on my old computer.  I could dig it up if need be.

Offline Solatar

I could only find Release 3 downloads, would it be too much trouble to upload one of them? (if R2 has it, that'd be fine...IIRC it has a similiar model of mars).

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I don't think it will work in new SCP...

See there is a lower texture limit now and there were over 40 in the old model.
All the textures were called ATM-(number)

I'm not sure if the new limit is 16-18 now.

That's why I have to redo all those conversions I made long ago that have like 49 textures....
 :(
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)