Author Topic: Action SEXPs?Where?  (Read 11555 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Action SEXPs?Where?
They are the most important things in a campaign,but i still don't know how to use them,and expecially where they are!
I'm not interested in granting medals,which may be impossile to use except in the main FS2 campaign,but SEXPs like tech-add & Co. are a must!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Shade

Re: Action SEXPs?Where?
Change->Mission & Campaign. For a full reference, run FS2 with the -output_sexps commands line, which will create an HTML file in the FS2 directory listing all existing sexps for that build in their appropriate categories.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you haven't already I suggest you should read the walkthrough that is available from the FRED help menu.

Either way I suggest you take a look at my FAQ. The FRED sections covers stuff like medals and adding ships and lots of other tricks and tips you'll find useful sooner or later :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Change->Mission & Campaign. For a full reference, run FS2 with the -output_sexps commands line, which will create an HTML file in the FS2 directory listing all existing sexps for that build in their appropriate categories.

Is this refered only to FS2 SCP or it will work anyway?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's an SCP only option AFAIK.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Considering that my MOD doens't work with SCP...How can I do?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Shade

FRED section of the wiki has a list of all retail SEXPs, also arranged into categories. They don't all yet include the description that -output_sexps would give you, but some do, and it will at least show you where to find them.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You don't know what is my problem exactly....
There don't have action SEXPs when i open FRED 2!
For example,in the conditionals section I have only when,not when-argument etc.
I don't have SEXPs like force-jump,which are very important!
Neither actions SEXps,like tech-add.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Shade

Ah. I see the problem. I think you may have simply misunderstood the structure of an event.

It is as follows:

* Event Name
     -op <conditional SEXP>
          -op <logical or status SEXP>
          -op <action SEXP, several of these can be added to one event>

What you're trying to do is add action SEXPs where you're supposed to add conditional, logical or status SEXPs. You simply have to add the action SEXPs in the right place and it will work.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 09:37:59 am by Shade »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I don't have SEXPs like force-jump,which are very important!
Neither actions SEXps,like tech-add.

Force-Jump is an SCP SEXP. You're not going to see it in Retail. As for tech-add that's hidden in retail. Something I covered in my FAQ.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ah. I see the problem. I think you may have simply misunderstood the structure of an event.

It isn't possible because I have already created 50 missions and they work properly.
Now I have created a modified ships table file for my campaign...Action SEXPs are required...
I repeat:no sign of tech-add!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What am I, ****ing invisible or something?

Offline Shade

So it would seem. I forgot the fact that he's using retail again (nobody ever uses retail though, so I think I'm kinda excused) so it's good that someone didn't... too bad it had to be the invisible bloke though :p

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I wouldn't mind but I did answer the question several times in the thread.

Anyway maybe I should be more explicit. The answer is here

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I checked your FAQ.
You say that I have to insert these SEXPs manually(with edit data,I think)but it isn't possible.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Shade

It is for SEXPs that exist in retail, such as grant-medal. You can't do it with SEXPs that are SCP specific such as force-jump, as they simply do not exist in retail FS2 - Even if you went and added them in using notepad, the game would not know what to do with them.

If you wnat SCP specific SEXPs, the SCP is your only option.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
At the moment force-jump isn't a priority,what I need is tech-add-ships!
I checked Karajorma's FAQ for this,he says that I have just to rename the do-nothing.
But I can't rename SEXPs!I remember I could do this one or two months ago but now I can't!
Maybe it depends from something...
Uhm...I don't use always the SCP,only when I play the main campaign and other no-mod-present campaigns...
But I leave the mediavps folder,the dataold folder with freddocs etc..I simply start FS2 with the normal launcher instead of the SCP launcher.Is this the problem?I should move out all SCP files?
What can I do to make my modified ships.tbl usable with the SCP?(It requires created models too,it's not a simple parameter changing)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Shade

To rename a sexp, first select it with one click, wait a few seconds, then click it again and you should be able to edit it.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Thanks a lot.
And how about the second question?I'm still using the old retail because mods don't work with the SCP...I checked for a SCP compatible version of Inferno and I found it,which means that converting mods is possible.What I wish to do instead?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Shade

I'm not much of a modder myself so I'm really not qualified to answer that. Hence I didn't. So I'm afraid I'll have to leave it to someone better informed.