Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FRED Academy

[FA] C3 M14 Chrisatsilph

<< < (3/3)

SypheDMar:
I meant to say that the key isn't mapped to Q. Whoops. I do agree with you.

Chrisatsilph:
Ive fixed it all up, redownload if you want :)
I removed the Alternitive ending since after all theres no point and it had more errors then the original mission.
Plus I couldnt get the key pressed thing, (eg typing in WORD will activate ships to warp in) working.

karajorma:

--- Quote from: Mobius on January 14, 2009, 05:08:32 pm ---- Cheat triggered by pressing Q... well, why don't you use another letter or better, a series of letters? I triggered the cheat even if I didn't want to - the problem is that Q balances shields and even if my Pegasus didn't have shields I pressed Q because I usually do it. I suggest using a word to trigger the cheat, use:

Example:

and-in-sequence
  key-pressed
   W
  key-pressed
   O
  key-pressed
   R
  key-pressed
   D

...and then write the word that triggers the cheat at the end of your debriefing
--- End quote ---

I don't think that's going to work. As soon as you press any of those keys the and-in-sequence SEXP is going to register them as pressed regardless of whether or not you were actually typing in the cheat or not.

Chrisatsilph:
Yea kara, it dosent work.
Ive tried but no effect whatsoever.

Mobius:
I've never tested something like that myself but I thought it was supposed to work. Well, looks like I can't trust other people's hints without testing them first. :D

Maybe an appropriate use of key-reset after a given amount of seconds(the player has, let's say, 5 seconds to type the words in the correct order) would represent the effect but it may not work.

I've just DLed your fixed mission. Expect additional feedback very soon. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version