Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wing Commander Saga

The official Saga eye candy corner

<< < (4/10) > >>

Knarfe1000:
Take your time. If it´s a few more weeks...no problem. I´ve been waiting for 5 years now for this incredible TC.

Dragon:
Certain things (like graphical upgrades) should be possible to port without breaking FS compatibility, unless they'll conflict with other features implemented after the fork. As for other WCS-specific features, they'd take some time to adopt, but if they're useful/awesome enough, somebody will do it. This already happened after Prologue was released. Anyway, we'll see after the release.

AtomicClucker:
Autopilot. I always love that feature and it made the missions seem a little longer.

Tolwyn:
Thing is: our autopilot is implemented entirely in FRED. Then again, certain SEXPs we utilize either do not exist in FSO or do not work properly.

The E:

--- Quote from: KeldorKatarn on November 30, 2011, 04:05:58 pm ---I don't want to dissapoint you, but that is highly unlikely. Our code has been optimized to support our game and most of our changes were made without any regard for Freespace compatibility, so it is highly unlikely that it will be ported back by the SCP. If any experienced programmers want to port some FSO Features over to the Saga version however, that should be possible. We will however not offer support for such an undertaking, neither will we support game problems caused by modified engines.

--- End quote ---

Porting over FXAA should be relatively simple. Unless of course you have opted not to include taylor's changes to the rendering core and post-processing.

But yes. If there's a feature in WCS that we can port over to FSO without compromising FS2 compatibility, we'll do so.
Also, do note that features like Shadows and godrays rely heavily on the way the FSO rendering engine is structured at the moment, which may be somewhat different to WCS' way of doing things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version