Author Topic: [RELEASE] - Friends and Foes: Retribution  (Read 22765 times)

Re: [RELEASE] - Friends and Foes: Retribution
How to do that in Knossos? There, FaF installs the latest version of BP or asks for it as dependency. It also uses the latest MediaVPs 4.2.3

Thanks in advance.

Please do not use Knossos for this. It has to be installed manually, since the dependencies are wrong and producing errors. I didn't put it on Knossos so I can't fix this.

I remember when I first installed FaF searching (luckily) for the old BP files. And they worked.

Who uploaded FaF to Knossos? Maybe that person can bring those dependecies in line?! Of course, there is no option to install the old BP in Knossos

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Please do not use Knossos for this. It has to be installed manually, since the dependencies are wrong and producing errors. I didn't put it on Knossos so I can't fix this.
My modified mod.json file: Am I a joke to you?

:P

I believe the Knossos Friends and Foes upload was made by Novachen, who seems to be currently away from this community.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

My modified mod.json file: Am I a joke to you?

:P

I believe the Knossos Friends and Foes upload was made by Novachen, who seems to be currently away from this community.

Oops :D

Ok, to make this clear: It works with my stuff manually or with the knossos files AND the modified mod.json-file from MitoPL!

Got it, sorry. Installing BP 1.0.1 additionally from the BP complete entry in Knossos does the trick.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well... as i even mentioned myself in the Knossos description as uploader and do not watch all threads here all the time, especially at the middle of the year because of personal corona tragedy, someone had could simple message me nevertheless and so to inform me, that my knossos release did not worked at all?
Where was the problem in that? :confused:
Without any information via PM, Tweet or whatever, it is hard to know in general, that something is wrong next to the fact that was already mentioned in the description in terms of Model and Effect errors under Debug Builds. :rolleyes:.

But Version 1.1.3 fixed all of this now. So there should not be any error message with current MVP and BPC.
So every faulty F&F aswell BPC Models were fixed and corrected.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:53:14 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Fusion

Hate to necro, but is there any chance this could get an update to be compatible with the latest MVPs and BPC release?

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well, if i am able to get back to the FreeSpace stuff after i overcome all the job and personal issues i can look for it.
However, this may take until March, though.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.