Author Topic: correct me if i'm wrong...  (Read 11647 times)

Offline Solatar

correct me if i'm wrong...
GTI Neil Armstrong isn't a new ship. It is an Achilles class ( repair station ).

And we do need a ship that's larger than a Leo, but smaller and Orion. Ask aldo how the Reliant i coming.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
the Angel... i knew it was some kind of interceptor that came before the Valkyrie...

at the beginning (after the second or third mission) they say the *something* interceptor has been completely revamped, and is now called the Valkyrie, and it's then introduced. in this case, they imply, if not state, that a ship SIMILAR to the valkyrie was present before it was introduced. i think they said it has bigger secondary banks, and a faster top spee.d...

see?  i was exactly right :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Stealth: Methinks you can consider weapons as 'scaleable' against ships...i.e. you'd have old (say ML-5) laser, but they'd be effective against the older Vasudan types, yet lesseffective against the newer ships.

Knight Templar: you could make the ML-16 like the Kayser of the day by just making it stronger..

Galactic Emperor: Heck, keep the tables as they are, and give the new weapons lower damage and make the hulls weaker. The actual numbers don't matter that much, it's all relative.

I agree with all this.  Would it be possible to reset all the hull strengths so that the ML-16 is the equivalent of the Kayser and all the hull strengths are downgraded to match?

If you guys want, I'll have a look on how to scale down all the hulls and weapon strengths proportionately.  Probably there's a good statistical method somewhere.  I'll look around.

Hmm... I wonder if CP5670 would be interested in this... :drevil:

Offline Solatar

Okay, the ML-16 Laser is the standard weapon throughout the war. Other weapons were created that were cheaper, faster, or otherwise better then the ML-16, but the ML-16 always comes out on top. The Main weapon throughout the beginning of the War is the Flux. The Main weapon in the UW is the Phalanx heavy machine gun.

Correction: The ML-16 was created in 2328

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Hades
Other weapons were created that were cheaper, faster, or otherwise better then the ML-16, but the ML-16 always comes out on top.

:wtf: Say that again?

Offline Solatar

Other weapons were better for some reason, but the ML-16 was always better for more reasons. I.E-High refire rate, high velocity, high damage. The Flux is pretty close to the ML-16 in every aspect, but it just isn't AS good.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
But the ML-16 didn't exist for the better part of the war.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

Yeah, you're correct. How about the Flux being the predecessor, and before that we had the Phalanx.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
How 'bout SLs? They had to be around at some point, though probably early in the war, when MLs would be cruiser-level and HLs would be the MDWs of space, available only to giant mobile power plants of ships...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What do SL, ML, and HL stand for?

Offline Solatar

Small laser, Medium laser, and Hyperlaser. Though I always thought that ML-16 stood for Machine Laser, 16 caliber.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I'm pretty sure it'd be LL, ML and HL - Light, Medium and Heavy.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Shrike, did you get my PM?  I need moderator permissions for the T-V War forums.  I gotta be able to post attachments.  Hades gave the OK.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
True. But SL sounds better, and that's what really matters.

Offline Solatar

If it helps Shrike. I DID give the okay, in case ( For some reason ) you don't believe Goober5000.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
so how's the progress coming/starting?

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Good,we just need to put up a full release version, sometime soon so the staff can get at it.  Hades, how is the hosting process going.  You should surely be able to put things up on the site by now.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. I just finished some of the briefing icons. This is about half of the ones that are going to be done. None of the wings are done yet. Just single ships. Fighter Wing and Bomber Wing are there, but they are screwed up. Cruiser wing, and big ship wing aren't there yet. Knossos won't be messed with, and Superdestroyer will have the icon for a carrier.

Beware the Orion!. It is a pretty big icon. It gives the impression that it is taking up the entire battlefield. This is true in the TVWar, as the Orion was huge. Dwarfing everything else on the battlefield. Same thing with the Typhon.

Download it   here.
Or if it doesn't work, try here.
If none of them work, cut and paste the shortcut for the first one.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Re: Re: correct me if i'm wrong...
Originally posted by aldo_14

Methinks you may need to have a few pre/sub Anubis ships for the vasudans, though..........

You mean something EVEN MORE weak than the Anubis is actually possible?
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
remember Anubis fighters weren't really meant for dogfights... if you read the "techroom" in FS1 (which i recommend everyone involved in this campaign to do) you'll see that the Anubis was invented to be used in many numbers against an enemy, thus making it hard to avoid (imagine going against 10 anubises... very hard)...

also they were as even better sentries, since at the invention of the anubises, the sentry guns became much less used.