Author Topic: TBP 3.6.0 released on Knossos!  (Read 29103 times)

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Re: TBP 3.6.0 released on Knossos!
To sum up, improvements/fixes to include so far are:
Shockwave error
Hi-poly Aurora Mk1 and Psi (do you have a link?)
Wesp's campaigns
Am I missing anything?
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Shockwave error
Wesp's campaigns
Am I missing anything?

Please add the changes I made to the ship table (above) to allow vertical and horizontal strafing

Offline cloneof

Hi! Love the fact that this fantastic game still keeps getting the community love it deserves.

So after some time, I got the Knossos working on Manjaro linux distro. Had a blast with the game, although my Intel HD of course has a harder time drawing those fancy 3d animations. But I was wondering, does anyone know if the Linux version the game even have that fascinating level/campaign editor? Was looking around the main folder and (surprise) while I didn't  find any .exe files, I certainly didn't find anything resembling a clickable FRED. I remember looking at it back in the day in utter confusion and though I would give it a nostalgic run.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Hi-Poly Aurora MK1 and Psi Aurora are both in the Zathrus 2.8 release that can be found in the Public Development subforum.  Within the download, you can find them in the Z_Advanced VP file.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

What is the best VP editors to use when dealing with older VP's on Windows 7 64 bit?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've used VP-Mage and QuickVP, but there's also VPCS2.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Shockwave error
Wesp's campaigns
Am I missing anything?

I ran RW with Debug with a nightly and had some errors and a crash.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

What is the best VP editors to use when dealing with older VP's on Windows 7 64 bit?

Using the same ones as Trivial Psychic.
Complete list: https://www.freespacemods.net/#cat_51

Offline wesp5

I've used VP-Mage and QuickVP, but there's also VPCS2.

Do you have a working link for VPCS2? I tried VPmage and QuickVP and while I was able to edit VPs with the latter, the voice files got messed up...

P.S.: I just found it here: http://www.fs2downloads.com/Downloads/vpcs2.zip, but it can't even open TBP VPs, so for now only QuickVP does work.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:56:53 am by wesp5 »

Hi! Love the fact that this fantastic game still keeps getting the community love it deserves.

So after some time, I got the Knossos working on Manjaro linux distro. Had a blast with the game, although my Intel HD of course has a harder time drawing those fancy 3d animations. But I was wondering, does anyone know if the Linux version the game even have that fascinating level/campaign editor? Was looking around the main folder and (surprise) while I didn't  find any .exe files, I certainly didn't find anything resembling a clickable FRED. I remember looking at it back in the day in utter confusion and though I would give it a nostalgic run.
There is qtFRED but you must compile it yourself and editor is still in WiP

Offline cloneof

There is qtFRED but you must compile it yourself and editor is still in WiP

Thank you! I'm glad to know that I just wasn't completely blind.

Wohoo. Dled, however it crashes with the recommended standard 3.8.0 build under Ubuntu 16.04 (Knossos not working there). Using wxlauncher, I am running in a lot of errors.

Ok, seems to work with the 3.7.4 self-compiled one. Just adding all the other mods as usual?! Can I just c/p them from the "old" folder?

- on knossos release there's a training mission and the raider wars campaigns, on the board here there's a pack of additional campaigns but looking at the date it seems to be from 2012. So are they still compatible with the knossos release or do they need some work before getting there ?

They need to be converted manually. Once you finish the Raider Wars, you find some more missions and the two First Ones mini campaigns in my Unofficial Patch here: https://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/addons/the-babylon-project-unofficial-patch Sooner or latter the other campaigns will surely be converted for the Knossos version too!

Did these ever make it into the Knossos downloads yet?

Is this MOD dead?  Doesn't seem to be any new activity lately.   I hope not

It's probably not being worked on right now. That doesn't mean that could change at some future point. For example it has been 6 years or so since the latest Zathras release and 3.6.0.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Do we know when / if the other campaigns will be ported over, such as Dark Children (play as a shadow fighter) and the one you play as a Vorlon?Those were superb :-)

Hint - when playing as a vorlon going up against the centauri primus, park yourself in its fighter bay. When the wings of four fighters spawn in a line neat little line fire your beam gun - it will overpenetrate and skewer all in one go before they even leave the ship  :cool:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

I don't know how much has been changed since the latest Zathras release (which had the campaigns included) and 3-6-0. You can just go ahead and look if stuff is broken.

Offline wesp5

Do we know when / if the other campaigns will be ported over, such as Dark Children (play as a shadow fighter) and the one you play as a Vorlon? Those were superb :-)

I love the First Ones campaigns too and as I correctly supected that it would take time to include them, you can find them converted for 3.6 in my Unofficial Patch:
https://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/addons/the-babylon-project-unofficial-patch