Author Topic: freespace renegade legion MOD?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline starlord

freespace renegade legion MOD?
Hi, It seems the freespace MODS have grown to almost all sci fi space universes: Yet I say only almost:

Has anybody heard of the renegade legion universe (and a very good game in it called renegade: battle for jacob's star)?

It would truly be great if that truly epic sci fi universe was somewhat preserved too (as it is nearly extinct today).

Ships in that universe are quite exotic: containing several ships such as the cheetah commenwhealth light fighter, the spiculum TOG medium fighter, etc...

I would advice all interested modders to give it a look: it would be a great opportunity for the freespace community to discover/rediscover a nearly unknown universe like this and to preserve it.

please give your feelings about this.

regards.

starlord.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: freespace renegade legion MOD?
Well, if you put it this way:

Hi, It seems the freespace MODS have grown to almost all sci fi space universes: Yet I say only almost:

Has anybody heard of the Colony Wars (a 10 years old series for PSX that has probably inspired FreeSpace)?

It would truly be great if that truly epic sci fi universe was somewhat preserved too (as it is extinct today).

Ships in that universe are quite exotic: containing several ships such as the T-57 Blizzard, that appears in my Game Warden AvatarTM, the T-29 Stormlord, the Diablo, the Sha'Har Red Sun, the Voodoo, the Hammer, the Snapdragon...

I would advice all interested modders to give it a look: it would be a great opportunity for the freespace community to discover/rediscover a nearly unknown universe like this and to preserve it.

please give your feelings about this.

regards.

Mobius
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
lets make an fs mod for oolite
runs
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Davros

/Chases Nuke and beats him with a stick

Offline starlord

Yes, I do know the colony wars (and thanks to connectix virtual game station I have purchased ,  I play them on my PC with a joystick ;7). But this universe is quite well known and the saga ends fairly well.

Now renegade: battle for jacob's star ends with an enourmous question mark ( about the same one as freespace 2) and you can clearly sense that this game is merely a chapter in the whole universe. The universe itself is very vast ( I would advise any of you willing to try and explore it to download the renegade: battle for jacob's star manual on the underdogs website) and offers at least 3 Theaters of operation.

A shame to let this die, really.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yes, I do know the colony wars (and thanks to connectix virtual game station I have purchased ,  I play them on my PC with a joystick ;7).

HOW? TELL ME!!!

A shame to let this die, really.

I see, but many series die. FreeSpace was lucky, we have to admit it.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline starlord

I'm not asking for the community to jump at last on the game (with all the projects on right now this would be close to utopia). But I just hope the freespace community will just consider preserving this universe by making a MOD when they will have the time. We really can't loose that thing: Read the manual and you'll understand, all of you.

Thanks for listening to the cry for help of the renegades.

starlord.

P.S: CVGS was a purchasable PS1 emulator (I bought the full version some time ago): Then once you buy the PS1 colony wars games, you can play them on your PC ( compatibility is optimum for all 3) and joystick is supported ( the only thing the colony wars were lacking). Today, I recommend you use PCSX1 which is free ( remember to get the PS1 Bios) and the games (or ISOs): Joystick is still supported as well as the 3 games in their entirety.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'm not asking for the community to jump at last on the game (with all the projects on right now this would be close to utopia). But I just hope the freespace community will just consider preserving this universe by making a MOD when they will have the time. We really can't loose that thing: Read the manual and you'll understand, all of you.

It doesn't work this way...people work for a MOD they like. Wing Commander fans work on WCS. Battlestar Galactica fans work on BtRL. Babylon 5 fans work on The Babylon Project. I would really like to help with a Colony Wars conversion, but there are only a few fans here(with no modelling abilities...that's what I would need since I can only FRED).

P.S: CVGS was a purchasable PS1 emulator (I bought the full version some time ago): Then once you buy the PS1 colony wars games, you can play them on your PC ( compatibility is optimum for all 3) and joystick is supported ( the only thing the colony wars were lacking). Today, I recommend you use PCSX1 which is free ( remember to get the PS1 Bios) and the games (or ISOs): Joystick is still supported as well as the 3 games in their entirety.

Thanks.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline starlord

this is why I somewhat hoped that the manual might convince some of you:

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=3136
http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=896

Sorry, the renegade: Battle for jacob's star seems not to be here. I'll try to find it. You guys must see this.

Otherwise, I'll try to get the vegastrike community work on this: One MOD must be done to save this universe: all the renegade sites have died and nearly nobody remembers it: IT MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO DIE.