Author Topic: Ep. 419 "Someone to Watch Over Me" Discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 15677 times)

Re: Ep. 419 "Someone to Watch Over Me" Discussion (SPOILERS)
I think the cylon's popping up and going "wtf" is because its their activation song, how could someone else know it.

I really think that Kara has nothing to do with the cylons. I think that she's part 'being-of-light'. I think that Slick (Kara's dad) is a being of light, and was from the beginning.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I'm speechless. ****ing speechless.

That episode just reached in and tore my guts out. I've always really loved Chief Tyrol, so to watch his character go through this was heartbreaking. Especially that final scene of him returning to his projected house, and finding Boomer and his "daughter" gone. He's had so much loss already, so much turbulence, Boomer's betrayal will completely destroy him.

The question is, does Boomer truly still love him? The way she said goodbye to him in the raptor and asked him to come with her suggests that she does love him. But given that she seemed to have been operating on Cavil's orders, it's possible that the only reason she tried to get him to come along was so that Cavil would have one of the Final Five in his pocket.

Jesus, what about Helo and Athena? What the hell is going to happen to them? Athena watching Helo get it on with Boomer, the loss of their daughter, that moment when Athena staggered into the pilots briefing room. That was dark. Seriously goddamn dark.

Not forgetting about Kara's storyline. Very sweet. The slow reveal, and even slower reveal for Kara, of Slick as her father was really nicely done. Not to mention the two of them playing All Along the Watchtower, which I didn't even realise until they really started going and Tigh & Co. took notice. Really hope that piano rendition of the Final Five Theme is included on the season 4 soundtrack.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Amazing episode! The build up to, and reveal of All Along the Watchtower absolutely made my frakkin' week. The first time you hear it in its entirety at the end of Season 3 is one of my favorite scenes from all of BSG. I didn't realize what it was either until the last moment when Slick started playing the bass line energetically, though I started to get suspicious when Tigh & Co. perked up.

Here's the reveal btw. If you're anything like me you're going to want to watch this several times at least.

Let's just hope the last three eps can match or surpass this. :cool:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

And I thought 'Cylon Projection' was used only by Angel Six and Angel Baltar. Now it turns out Boomer and everyone can use it too...

(Awesome episode)

Jesus, what about Helo and Athena? What the hell is going to happen to them? Athena watching Helo get it on with Boomer, the loss of their daughter, that moment when Athena staggered into the pilots briefing room. That was dark. Seriously goddamn dark.

I don't think she blames Helo for getting on with boomer. He couldn't know that, obviously. Still, with Hera gone again...

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
And I thought 'Cylon Projection' was used only by Angel Six and Angel Baltar. Now it turns out Boomer and everyone can use it too...
Back when Baltar was on the Baseship after New Caprica, it was revealed that all Cylons can 'project'. They can essentially create hyper-realistic daydreams of whatever they so desire. IIRC, the Six that first reveals this trait of Cylon physiology tells him of how, when she's walking through the bland halls of the Baseship, she 'projects' herself into a lush rainforest.

According to the podcast for this ep, RDM thought up the whole idea of projection as a way of allowing for a diverse range of set/locations while Baltar was on the Baseship, while keeping costs low by shooting on location rather than having to expand the Baseship set.

That said, we don't know whether Head Six and Head Baltar are indeed projections. Remember, Baltar's human, so he wouldn't be able to project at all. Not to mention that the internal characters have known things their host couldn't possibly have known, they've been almost prescient in some of the things they've said. Personally, I'm thinking they're plugged into whatever or whomever is pulling everybody's strings. The one who brought Kara back, the one behind the song, etc.

This season, at least the second half of the season, has to be hands down the best television i've seen years.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:32:32 am by Mefustae »

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Yeah it was a good episode, wouldnt say 'great' but it was good :)
Lot of questions.....
Well we know Boomer can really scream!!!!  ;7
helo has fraked his relationship

"Just because she is identical to me in everyway is no excuse"  :lol:

The ship is totally fraked! Dont think she could really survive another fight........  :shaking:

I think Daniel is Kara's dad too....it just fits too well. When the music started to become recognizable, and you see the Five suddenly perking up like dogs hearing a silent whistle, it all pointed to me at Kara having a Cylon connection. And here's a thought...maybe she's not half Cylon. Perhaps Daniel is her step father? That would keep Hera as being the only half Cylon.

Three episodes to go and the anticipation is building...can't wait to see how this saga ends.

I am wondering is Kara's father, the Cylon Hybrid from the film 'Razor' Just wondering if they looked familar from the photos.....probably a few FTL jumps in the wrong direction, but hey, you never know...

Glad to see, they didnt simply forget about Herra. Maybe she is the future, interesting how it affected Roslin
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, the First Hybrid is not Kara's father.

No, the First Hybrid is not Kara's father.

Agreed.

I think the first hybrid thing will be left unexplored, except maybe his line about "harbinger of death" but thats about it. I think that Caprica might play with it, but even then its the wrong timeframe.

And anyone notice now that the location of the fleet has been given away, and Galactica can't jump? I can't wait till the next episode I guarantee you it will be epic.

In the event if the fleet have to make an emergency jump to avoid a confrontation with Cavil's fleet, I would imagine Adama giving this talk on the comm:

"This is the Admiral, We have a little problem with our jump, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode"
Phasers?!?!?  We don't need no frakking phasers!

Offline iamzack

I don't think she blames Helo for getting on with boomer. He couldn't know that, obviously. Still, with Hera gone again...

He should be able to tell the difference, even if they are identical. Chief could tell that Boomer wasn't just another 8.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

He should be able to tell the difference, even if they are identical. Chief could tell that Boomer wasn't just another 8.

Yea but he's a Cylon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

As Blue Lion pointed out, the Chief's a Cylon.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
All the 8s support looking for the Final Five. They join with two other models. Three other models don't want to. Deadlock. Until Boomer sides with Cavil.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out the other Cylon is Boomer. There were no other 8s it could have been. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
All the 8s support looking for the Final Five. They join with two other models. Three other models don't want to. Deadlock. Until Boomer sides with Cavil.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out the other Cylon is Boomer. There were no other 8s it could have been. :p

Was there anything that said that the Raptor came from Cavil? WE know Ellen was with Cavil, but do they? It could have been from some other place.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
There aren't THAT many places where it could have come from, really.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Well since no one knew where the final five download to (or even if they do) it would be far to rash to simply assume that any 8 was Boomer.

Sure, but its possible that there are other fronts of the Cylon Civil War. Isn't it a little unlikely that out of all the millions of cylons in creation, the only remaining Twos, Sixes, and Eights (minus one) are on the that one surviving Rebel Baseship? Could Cavil have gotten the drop on all of them, everywhere?

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
According to the podcast for this ep, RDM thought up the whole idea of projection as a way of allowing for a diverse range of set/locations while Baltar was on the Baseship, while keeping costs low by shooting on location rather than having to expand the Baseship set.

Unfortunately they didn't use it as much as I'd hope they would. i.e. keeping the original S1 organic, inhuman baseship filled with naked Cylon models, but Baltar sees a projected version which is less disturbing to him (and the censors).
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline iamzack

Yea but he's a Cylon

So?

It's like identical twins. A glance or a picture might not do it, but a few seconds conversation followed by sex should have clued him in that this isn't the woman he's been with for years...
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Yea but he's a Cylon

So?

It's like identical twins. A glance or a picture might not do it, but a few seconds conversation followed by sex should have clued him in that this isn't the woman he's been with for years...

Yeah, it's just a physically perfect copy with completely identical memories up to a few years prior.