Author Topic: No news on Blood & Chrome  (Read 14018 times)

Re: No news on Blood & Chrome
fap fap fap

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Kind of odd they used the exact same Reznor version of Immigrant Song as the Dragon Tattoo trailer the piece was originally commissioned for - why? But good trailer.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Little early to tell, that style trailer doesn't really lend itself to showing off the stuff I find important in Galactica.  Cautiously unimpressed at the moment.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Little early to tell, that style trailer doesn't really lend itself to showing off the stuff I find important in Galactica.  Cautiously unimpressed at the moment.

By and large I agree, but I do think it's fairly pretty. Let's hope they understand how to do the understated, naturalistic camerawork that made the early seasons so great.

The one thing that has me worried are those flight deck scenes. They look like something out of a mid nineties video game. They must have scrapped the set and couldn't build it again, which is sad. Everything else looked pretty cool.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The one thing that has me worried are those flight deck scenes. They look like something out of a mid nineties video game. They must have scrapped the set and couldn't build it again, which is sad. Everything else looked pretty cool.

All the sets are apparently CGI.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
CGI that looks...unfinished compared to what BSG had.  This seriously looks like a cartoon.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

NBC U already blocked it on copyright grounds.  Anyone know where I could still find it?   I was at work when the trailer came out.

The teaser is still live here.

Assuming that was Galactica's hangar deck, redoing the set in CG gave them the opportunity to fix something that always bothered me a little, namely that it was so cozy. You could barely fit a Raptor into it, so where were those giant three-story shuttles supposed to park? Now it's about twice as wide and, as a bonus, the parking slots for the Vipers are multi-level and have neat little elevators built into them, which helps explain the mystery of how they were able to just push the ships from one flight pod to the other in the miniseries.

I knew the virtual sets would require a bit of stylization, and I feel like they've carried it off well. The fact is, this isn't James Cameron's Blood and Chrome, and they couldn't take ten years and eleventy billion dollars to make it look perfectly real.

The only production-design things I'm not quite sanguine about are the new-old Centurions (hopefully the old-old Centurions will appear along side them, since I really liked the multiple Cylon models in the Caprica finale), and the new-old Basestar (which looks suspiciously like someone took the top half of the Guardian Basestar from "Razor," duplicated and flipped it so it'd be symmetrical, then superimposed it over the TOS Basestar model).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:04:58 pm by David cgc »

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
They released the official OST track that will be seen in the intro of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9wUuxgJUrk

Official word has finally come out.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome-cancelled-syfy/

Short version:

They've decided not to pick up the show as a regular series. They're considering doing it as an on-line show but, personally, I don't see how that could possibly make business sense.

The pilot movie will be aired on TV at some point in the future.

The teaser/trailer/sizzle reel that leaked wasn't really supposed to be at the convention where it debuted, and was intended only for internal viewing, so they didn't run it through clearance for the music (among other things), which is probably why NBCU is totally ****ting themselves trying to get it off the web before Trent Reznor or Led Zepplin or whoever sues them.

ETA: I totally did not realize this board had a profanity filter.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:31:45 pm by David cgc »

NBCU should just stop ruining the entire Sci-Fi gendre

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Why?  They are doing such a bang up job at it.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

lol Liberator =)
Actually if I could watch it on Hulu I'd be happy to drop cable altogether and just use cable for my internet.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I actually got a laugh out of someone on Hard Light?   The World...she is ending...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
that was actually genuinely pretty funny

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Indeed. I chuckled too. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
The best humor is in truth I guess.

The truth is always far more interesting and damned funny if you endure long enough  :D

for me the sci-fi genre has been dead on tv ever since i took off my name tag (and before I put it on the only sci-fi series left was stargate) seriously there hasn't been a good sci-fi (for me that means IN SPACE!) on tv, in arms reach(dr. who is good but i don't get bbc) for years.

p.s. for those who hate the starwars prequels you should check out the darthsanddroids web comic they have done the impossible they made jarjar likable and restored general grievous to his former awesomeness :D

p.s.s. by name tag i mean those tags you see mormon missionaries wear with the white shirt and tie.