Author Topic: The WoD questions and discussion thread  (Read 51368 times)

Offline qwadtep

No mention of a Nordera pilot? A cute girl Nordera pilot? "Eye'm not an idiot!"

Offline Lorric

No mention of a Nordera pilot? A cute girl Nordera pilot? "Eye'm not an idiot!"

I doubt the Nordera have a "cute" anything.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Viking women were hot. I doubt Space Viking women are any different.

Also, I just realized we don't even have a description on how the Nordera look like, or how their society is like.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Also, I just realized we don't even have a description on how the Nordera look like, or how their society is like.

I am confident they are not human-like. For actions, I would associate them more with orcs in space than vikings. I wish I had something about the creature for my campaign, but thankfully, at least the special Nordera explosions when they die gave me a good way to explain how no one knows what the creature looks like. Maybe also the Thraddash from Star Control 2.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Culture 19 FTW!!! :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline -Norbert-

It would be funny if they were some very petite and small creatures, with only the mindset of Space Orks.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
That vaguely sounds like the K'Tang from Starcon3.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

Culture 19 FTW!!! :D

Ah, the tempered perfection of culture 19...

Fight and grow. Seems very Nordera to me.

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!

They probably look like Bajorans. Their society is almost as backward.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
We've already seen somebody draw one, guys, you're all wrong.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Please add a Cardassian expy world we can nuke out of our own leisure and give us OP special unlocks for choosing to nuke it and hijack it's civilization's technology. :o

On topic, The Nordera look like hybrid Machine-Humanoid-Crystral with exposed tissues and lack any secondary sexual characteristics in my mind.
 Please don't make me lose the badass image I have cobbled together in my sleep!

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Please add a Cardassian expy world we can nuke out of our own leisure and give us OP special unlocks for choosing to nuke it and hijack it's civilization's technology.

You jelly, Terran?  :P

Offline Lorric

Look what I found:

http://norderamotors.altervista.org/galleria2.html

It is fun to imagine these are Nordera spaceship parts.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Too clean-looking

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Remember, Nordera ship hulls are not constructed. They are cast. In a single piece.

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Look what I found:

http://norderamotors.altervista.org/galleria2.html

It is fun to imagine these are Nordera spaceship parts.
Well, considering that Nordera ships (at least the fighters) have internal combustion engines, they're probably not that much different!

Offline -Norbert-

Remember, Nordera ship hulls are not constructed. They are cast. In a single piece.
The HULLS are, but they still need engines, weapons, pipes, dials and whatnot put into those cast hulls before they are more than a useless slab of metal in the shape of a fighter.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The HULLS are, but they still need engines, weapons, pipes, dials and whatnot put into those cast hulls before they are more than a useless slab of metal in the shape of a fighter.

No, they're cast around those parts. You don't put things inside them.

Seriously think about that, it wouldn't work without most of the components being considerably smaller than the space they're meant to go into, and the Nordera aren't the sort to give a crap about practicality. You have a broken fuel pump? We'll get you a new fighter and melt this one down.

A Feddie Story

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
One thing I never understood is that the Nordera fighters explode violently because they apparently have a lot of conventional explosives and fuel in them, yet the Aestivals supposedly have antimatter in them and don't explode with much power at all...

Elves always have lots of mysterious ways and lore at their disposal beyond our merely human understanding.  Therefore Spoon doesn't have to explain **** to us. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems