Author Topic: The EA-slagging parade  (Read 14437 times)

The EA-slagging parade
Disgusting, why would anyone support EA projects after all the damage they've done.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Re: The EA-slagging parade
Disgusting, why would anyone support EA projects after all the damage they've done.

I wish I knew.  I'm sure these folks will enjoy their acceptable product.  Acceptable is about as good as EA can do.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
EA published Titanfall 2.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Ask the people who buy FIFA, Madden etc ... and those people who pour their money into the microtransaction for stuff like Ultimate Team.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:50:18 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Turambar

I never played that one just because I don't pirate games anymore and the outcome of EA getting money from me is unacceptable.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Your loss, weird video game ideologue. I'm sure not getting your $5 will cripple their evil march.

Offline Turambar

Every little bit helps.  Gotta get Star Wars away from them so we can get some good Star Wars games. 

I shouldnt have to explain how EA is a plague on game development.  Every studio they acquire is the next Maxis.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 05:21:45 pm by Turambar »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Gotta get Star Wars away from them so we can get some good Star Wars games. 

Cute
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Turambar

Just get rid of this thread.  Either people know, or they are dead-set on repeating their mistakes.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I mean, you could always try getting any decent EA titles on the used market?  eBay etc  -- I'm seeing $2.99 + free shipping for Titanfall 2 on eBay as the cheapest price.  EA doesn't get your money that way.

Offline Turambar

I guess there's nothing stopping me from doing that, but I'd have to go out of my way to make accounts on new sites, and I have enough games to play as it is.   From what I hear, Titanfall is more or less a regular shooter, just with mechs on the side anyway.  Fortunately, there's a non-online Mechwarrior game coming up this year!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Man who ethically refuses to give EA money eager to buy game from PGI

Offline Turambar

No, my hate for EA is totally emotional.  They killed my Sim City, and I'm gonna kill them back!

What's PGI done that you don't like?  I never paid attention to them before because I never wanted my Mechwarrior to be Online

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Well, that their use of the Star Wars license is questionable is not exactly a controversial opinion.
That they have trouble making any Star Wars title that isn't Battlefront or a mobile game is rather confounding both from a fanboy and from a business point of view.
It's almost like the use of a license and the current policy of making few but high budget or many but cheaper micro-transaction vehicles rather than games that stand on their own are just not compatible for some reason.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, my hate for EA is totally emotional.  They killed my Sim City, and I'm gonna kill them back!

What's PGI done that you don't like?  I never paid attention to them before because I never wanted my Mechwarrior to be Online

Offline Turambar

Yes, that is why I did not want my Mechwarrior to be Online.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter

Well.. i would say, you are totally wrong, because Sim City was killed by Maxis itself.
Actually no one was forced to develop a new Sim City, nor it was instructed to create a city building sim with always online.

Additionally, it does not make any sense to develop a Sim City totally independend from the "The Sims" Series, which is one of the biggest and most successful gaming trademarks ever.

Sim City 3000 and Sim City 4 both had integration features with "The Sims" and "The Sims 2" respectively... why the last Sim City does not use any interlink features to "The Sims 3" or the then-already announced "The Sims 4" is a question that only Maxis and not EA can answer you.

In EA's point of view it does not make any sense to exclude the big grown "The Sims Store" for a Sim City release, where they can create and sell invidual Buildings, Streets etc. together with community assets that are free of charge. If EA had more influence in this game, they would try to make the "The Sims" community interested for Sim City... actually they did not.

It would make sense, to move your "The Sims" family into the city you are building in Sim City, especially with the new neighborhood system of Sims 4. At least this was how they did it with Sim City 3000 and Sim City 4.

With more EA influence Sim City would be a different game, i am absolute guarentee that. Because the way this game was released and works in the first place, can not be in mind for a company, that is interested to maximaze the income. To exclude "The Sims" completely would be the most idiotic decision ever if you want to earn money...
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

I can only speak for myself here, but I am not going to apologize for being interested in things that look interesting to me. Yes, EA is a giant evil corporation, yes, they have and will continue to make decisions that benefit their shareholders to the detriment of the market as a whole, but at the same time: The number of publishers/developers that aren't, on some level, doing the exact same thing on smaller scales is very, very small. Even Turambar's employer will happily do things that are pretty bad for us as consumers (the Epic store, for example, not having room for tech support forums, or pulling Fortnite mobile out of the platform stores...), yet I don't see him quitting his job over that.

Yes, it absolutely does suck that we haven't had better Star Wars games come out of EA, but.... I am not exactly going to weep over games that never really existed.

Meanwhile, EA, while being scummy as ****, also occasionally produces very interesting games. Mirror's Edge Catalyst (despite not being very good) was very cool to see. Titanfall 2 is, by some margin, one of the best (if not THE best) single-player FPS of the past decade.

I don't particularly want to give EA money (I don't want to give money to any corporation), but at the same time, that's the only way I have of rewarding a company to catering to my interests.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

They also published Titanfall 2 in the same timeframe as the new Call of Duty and Battlefield 1, dooming it to compete against much bigger names, including those from its own publisher!

It's a really good game though.

Offline Aesaar

Just get rid of this thread.  Either people know, or they are dead-set on repeating their mistakes.

Buying games that look and frequently are interesting.  Yes, truly, what a mistake.

And tbh, Origin continues to have a better return policy than Steam does.