Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

Can someone email me..........

<< < (2/4) > >>

CptWhite:
you want to increase them to about 1mb - apparently its all about effciency....no need to be rediculous increasing the available 3 fold is plenty

untouchable:
One last question.. what do I use to compile the code and once it is compiled, where do I put it?

Mysterial:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by CptWhite
you want to increase them to about 1mb - apparently its all about effciency....no need to be rediculous increasing the available 3 fold is plenty
--- End quote ---

That's what they said back in the day about 640 kb of RAM, too. :D  Fortunately, in this case, we can just go back and make it bigger. :)

untouchable: You need Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and it generates an executable you can put into your FS2 folder as if it was the original to run it. Newer versions of Visual C++ (are there any? I generally try to ignore MS's products when possible) MAY work, or they might not. Older probably won't, unless a miracle occurred and MS managed not to change any of the file formats between the two versions.

If you don't have Visual C++ and don't want to buy it, I recall that there's an "introductory" version of it that might work as well. I've only seen it on CDs that came with books, but it might be available for download. I don't know what the limitations are on it, either, but it may be worth a try.

Setekh:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by CptWhite
--- End quote ---

Well, like I said in another thread, contributing to a unified TBL would be... rather cool...

Anyway, what exactly is the price for ramping up the TBL limit? Is it great?

Bobboau:
there is an intro vertion that adds a little nag mesage to the start of any EXE you make,
if anyone knows how to disable this I'd like to know

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version