Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

RELEASE — Blue Planet

<< < (43/46) > >>

EatThePath:
Knossos might, and in fact probably should, consider version 23.0.0-RC8 to be less than 23.0.0, since RC8 is a pre-release test version. My advice is to your engine stability preference in knossos settings to stable and  update FSO so you get the final stable build of 23.0.0
Knossos seems to have some hard to pin down problems with not doing updates properly.
One possible thing to check, if you are using the knossos search feature be sure to clear it out before launching the mod. The search applies not just to mod listings but also to engine version listings, so it can cause that no-executables error.

praseodym:
You may want to activate the nightlies, too, in Knossos, to install them

EatThePath:
While there's some juicy stuff in the 23.0 nightlies already, unless it's actually required the stables really are the better option for the typical player.

Col. Fishguts:

--- Quote from: Crypthammer on March 05, 2023, 11:20:35 pm ---I'm getting a "No executable was found for this mod" error on 3.2.2 if I have "Mod default" selected for Knossos settings, and a "'Blue Planet Complete' (3.2.2) requires 'FSO' which is missing!  (>= 23.0.0)" error when I specifically select FSO 23.0.0-RC8 from the dropdown menu for FSO build in the FSO Settings section.  I have FSO 23.0.0-RC8 currently, and it seems to work fine with Jaded's FSPort and with MediaVPs 4.6 base FS2 campaign.  Not sure what I'm missing here, but I'd really like to watch the Wargods win the final fight against the Carthage just like in the original BP campaign... right, yeah, I'm ready to cry.   :(

--- End quote ---

I had the same error appear with the latest BP release.
Go to your Knossos settings, in the tab "Knossos" tick the "Show Engine Builds in MOD List", (it's off by default)
Now FSO/SCP should show up as a separate mod item, with an "update" to 23.0 available. -> do the update and BP should launch normally.
You can leave the "Preferred Engine Stability" on Stable or whatever you prefer.

Crypthammer:

--- Quote from: Col. Fishguts on March 07, 2023, 11:48:29 am ---I had the same error appear with the latest BP release.
Go to your Knossos settings, in the tab "Knossos" tick the "Show Engine Builds in MOD List", (it's off by default)
Now FSO/SCP should show up as a separate mod item, with an "update" to 23.0 available. -> do the update and BP should launch normally.
You can leave the "Preferred Engine Stability" on Stable or whatever you prefer.

--- End quote ---

I have that set already and it's not displaying an update as of 2 days ago.  I haven't had the chance to check in a couple days though, so maybe there's an update now.  I'll try setting it to "stable", though, and see if that fixes my problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version