General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging

<< < (85/101) > >>

herkie423:

--- Quote from: CT27 on May 31, 2022, 07:41:46 pm ---Darkblade seems to do a lot of voicework, I think he might be good for Robert Prescott.

--- End quote ---

I think the voice of Presscot must be like "Command" voice.

redmagejoe:
Got a sweet splash screen and thumbnail courtesy of the man himself, Asteroth!

CT27:

--- Quote from: herkie423 on June 02, 2022, 05:23:30 am ---
--- Quote from: CT27 on May 31, 2022, 07:41:46 pm ---Darkblade seems to do a lot of voicework, I think he might be good for Robert Prescott.

--- End quote ---

I think the voice of Presscot must be like "Command" voice.

--- End quote ---

Darkblade has done a number of authority figures/admirals before so I think he'd be good for this.

Examples of his work:
Admiral Po in "BTA"
Admiral Wilson in "Fall Of Epsilon Pegasi"

herkie423:

--- Quote from: redmagejoe on June 02, 2022, 05:46:07 pm ---Got a sweet splash screen and thumbnail courtesy of the man himself, Asteroth!

--- End quote ---

This is a good "palate-cleanser" (or is it "pallette-cleanser") before going into AF2:TBG. I was worried that you'll go straight into AF2 because I felt that AFR worn you down. Hell, it did to me too everytime I played the campaign... I say EVERYTIME.

AF2:TBG is the next level. The designs are very complicated now because I have learned many tricks from BTA, Exile, and Blue Planet Acts 1 to 3. AF2 uses  modified AI profiles similar to BP-Complete. Meaning, AIs (friendly and hostile) can use Widowmakers, use the most powerful weapons, link their weapons if necessary, manage their shields and power levels, and even lure you away from the battle or make distractions and diversions. Many people complained about TBG being very very difficult. So, I rebalanced it again in a series of updates. AF2 is playable now. Anyway, the campaign is short, 5 Acts, only 32 playable missions plus 6 cutscenes (I've learned my lesson).

But before you get into AF2:TBG (if you are pushing through with it), read the campaign description first to get an idea of what you are heading into. Here's the link:

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=96405.0

CT27:
Red, I'll give you some more advice on TBG later, two brief comments for now though:

1-I know you play most campaigns on Medium, however TBG is a jump up in difficulty from AFR.  I would suggest playing it on Easy since Herkie has made it 'less simple' than AFR gameplay (some things a first time player might find frustrating).  Heck, I would not be against you doing it on Very Easy (I don't want to scare you though; while TBG is more difficult than AFR...subsequent updates have made it not nearly as difficult as the original release version of TBG).

2-If you want to take another week off after Blighted before you do TBG that's fine too.  Herkie is working on another update for TBG (which will address some of the difficulty concerns I mentioned earlier) and I'm not 100% sure when it will be out (it's probably not a super long time but I can't guarantee it would be within the next couple weeks). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version