Author Topic: Beta Testers wanted! Super-short mod! Free spot in the credits!  (Read 1528 times)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Beta Testers wanted! Super-short mod! Free spot in the credits!
Hey all!

So I'm super-close to being done with my super-short mod! I'd really appreciate it if I could have a couple of beta testers. 2 - 3 should be good. It won't take much time to finish the campaign, so it's not a huge time commitment.

Beta testers get a mention in the credits, I promise!

If you're up for it, I'll PM you the dropbox link. The mod has not been packed up into a VP file yet, I'm waiting for release to do that. The mod's been built and tested in 3.7.4, NO SSE.

Thanks a bunch!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Re: Beta Testers wanted! Super-short mod! Free spot in the credits!
Um, I'm not supposed to put the download link out here, am I? I'm not quite sure how to do this.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Um, I'm not supposed to put the download link out here, am I? I'm not quite sure how to do this.

Well, there is two ways to do this, an open or a closed beta test.

In the open case, you put your link out there and wait for responses.
In the closed case, you only give it to your testers.

In my experience a closed test yields better results... but in any case patience is required.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

I can give it a look, but be advised that I'm very direct in my critique.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Well, there is two ways to do this, an open or a closed beta test.

In the open case, you put your link out there and wait for responses.
In the closed case, you only give it to your testers.

In my experience a closed test yields better results... but in any case patience is required.

Okay, then this is a closed test. I'd like things to be spoiler-free for the full release.

I can give it a look, but be advised that I'm very direct in my critique.

Well, all right, I'll take that risk.  :p Thanks a bunch, will PM you the link now!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Hey xenocartographer, did my PM get to you? I went to double-check it and I don't see my sent message in my outbox page...

EDIT: Ah, never mind, you got back to me. I'm not sure why my sent messages aren't showing up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:00:09 pm by PVD_Hope »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There is an option in your PM settings to configure whether messages get saved in your outbox or not.  Make sure this hasn't been turned off.

(EDIT: Well, I unintentionally bumped the thread, but the advice is still appropriate. :))