Author Topic: An Idea/Question Type Thing  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
An Idea/Question Type Thing
More of "could it be done" type deal.  We've got that thread about setting a free beams all flag or some such.  It only matters as it is a sexp and that's what I'm asking about.  Now thorughout a mission, if you've assigned personas (I think, I'm terrible at making missions), then when a group of fighters come in, one of them will shout "incoming" or something along those lines.

Now, that's not (as far as I know) assigned through sexp, its "hard wired" if you will, built into the program.  Would it be possible to add more stuff like that.  Like a thing where if a wingman slams into for no reason they suddenly spout "hey, watch where you're going" or "my bad, didn't see you there."

Just a though, and knowing my lack of knowing FRED and related issues, probably a bad one.  Still, I'm curious if it could be done.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
we could probly code in stuff like that, but I don't think there'd be any way of doing this in a not-hard wired way, or no less hard wired than it is now
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Well the real point is so that one wouldn't have to use actual sexps and instead could have things just happen.  The bumping thing, for example, along with having the AI wingmen jumping out beneath a certian damage level and other little things.  Streamline some of the bull (like adding a beam-free-all automatically).
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i just wanted a way to make a particular beam weapon free as default. such as a bomber's turret or a relatively weak capship weapon.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN