Author Topic: We need programmers :)  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Inquisitor

We need programmers :)
People who have some idea of C++ and don;t mind having someone assign them stuff :)

We have a decent core group, and I would like to expand that.

You can post here, but I will only consider people who email me some semblance of a resume (even if it is a list of things you have done, don;t have to go overboard, but come on, it's good practice), and I may ask to see some sample code ;) Call it a test of whether you can follow simple instructions ;)

We have some momentum, and I don't want to lose it. The next exe release will rock, and, there is a crapload of things to do both for it, and after.

So, who's up for the challenge?

Email me.
No signature.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
If you can wait a month or so while i do some practice with screwing up the code, i can help :D

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
same here, but you'll probably have to wait a heck of a lot longer than a month :sigh:
:o
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
There are programmers running amok here at NJIT. I'll see if anyone's interested--though I doubt it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline RandomTiger

Perhaps we need to go out and find some. I only found out about the source code project because my boss downloaded it and I wanted to see of anyone had fixed that GF4 problem. Perhaps we should 'advertise' ourself at other source code project forums or something.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
What about getting p1mped on the 3dap front page? ;7
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Inquisitor

Yes, going to do that as well, just wanteed to get it in front of you guys again, grass roots you know ;)
No signature.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Heh, well, I still would like to take a better look at the source code first, be able to figure out which files I wanna edit for what additions...I haven't looked at it at all yet, so I wouldn't be too much good.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'm going to be doing some practical work at uni in 3d techniques  - 3d (and 2D) graphics with phong shading, goaraud, and bump mapping in Java - which may of use later on if I can translate it to C++.  Sadly, that'll only be 2nd semester, which is about 8 months from now.

but i'll try and see if I can learn anything of use in the meantime, and - if i get the time to really work with the SC (unlikely, but possible), I'll post some stuff up you can look at and decide if it's useful.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You won't believe this- I just found out that one of my friends here at college LOVES Freespace, but didn't even know that FRED existed, nor VW or HLP. Guess what he's studying?

Computer programming, specializing in Artificial Intelligence.

I'm going to try like nuts to get him into the source code, but he doesn't have a PC right now, so we'll have to wait before he can actually do anything. I'll try to get him here, though.:nod:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i know nothing about C++, but it i can help in ANY way, just let me know

Offline RandomTiger

The code is really C with the occasional use of the more simple parts of C++. So really you just need to know C.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
C++ won't be until next semester... Damn prerequisites... hehe

I have to take some stupid 'Intro to progging' class first... hehe

(I probably won't learn anything... anyway)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
You won't believe this- I just found out that one of my friends here at college LOVES Freespace, but didn't even know that FRED existed, nor VW or HLP. Guess what he's studying?

Computer programming, specializing in Artificial Intelligence.

:lol:

Get him onboard. :)

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n

just joking :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
I really gotta get into the upgrades you're working on here. I messed with some stuff when the source was released, made a couple of small mods for myself, and then abandoned it due to lack of time. If you can send me more info on a compact form I may be able to help out with some of the less time-consuming stuff.

Just right now I wouldn't touch DirectX with a 50ft pole. ;)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Inquisitor

All osrts of things to do outside of DirectX :) that just seems to be a big push right now (and a worthwhile one).
No signature.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
I'd write more code for you guys, but now that I'm in college Real Life is taking up more of my time, and it has nothing to do with classes :P
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir