Author Topic: Initial Orders  (Read 2327 times)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
Matbe this is done, maybe not.....but i was thinking that in fred we can only give 5 initial orders.  With the new table limits.....ie more ships, it would be nice to be able to give more than that.  I'm running with the FS2 open, and even without the new limits from dtp, i have occassion where i could really use something like this.

Also, the number of jump nodes allowed per mission.  Currently it's 3, i could use a few more in some missions.  Just because.

If this stuff is being worked, sorry for the post.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Aligning alot of initial orders is just bad practice. What your doing is forcing the ship to not dynamically react based on the situation. Besides, for things like docking proceedures on cargo vessels, SEXPs work much faster.

As for the jump nodes... I dont see why there should be more then three.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I think I've only maxed out that initial orders system once or twice.  Using other scripting elements is usually the better way to go.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by vadar_1

As for the jump nodes... I dont see why there should be more then three.

node cluster, singularity, high gravity field... I can see many.
SCREW CANON!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Wasn't there an FS1 mission which required defending about 4 nodes in a very small area? I think it may have been protecting the Vasudan refugees from Altair.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by aldo_14
Wasn't there an FS1 mission which required defending about 4 nodes in a very small area? I think it may have been protecting the Vasudan refugees from Altair.

Only 3
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by venom2506

node cluster, singularity, high gravity field... I can see many.

If there's an anomaly that can create more than 3 nodes within 60 km of each other, there are probably only going to be three stable ones in the bunch anyway.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline DTP

• ImPortant Coder
    • http://www.c4-group.dk
Originally posted by ShadowWolf_IH
Matbe this is done, maybe not.....but i was thinking that in fred we can only give 5 initial orders.  With the new table limits.....ie more ships, it would be nice to be able to give more than that.  I'm running with the FS2 open, and even without the new limits from dtp, i have occassion where i could really use something like this.

Also, the number of jump nodes allowed per mission.  Currently it's 3, i could use a few more in some missions.  Just because.

If this stuff is being worked, sorry for the post.

i think i made a limit of 10 or 20 jump nodes in DTP V0.3
VBB member; reg aug 1999; total posts 600.
War is a lion, on whos back you fall, never to get up.
Think big. Invade Space.