Author Topic: Professional Voice Actor here.  (Read 12139 times)

Re: Professional Voice Actor here.
Boom, uploaded.

Many thanks....now just need some people to give some feedback. Be honest and critical, but not rude please.  :shaking:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Dive; sounds a bit too much like a German heavy metal band
LtSamsa; less ciggies please, sounds like you're overdoing the gruff voice in a 'game made by Epic' style
something; Er, a bit overdone.  I almost laughed, because midway through I was expecting an 'ooooh, crumbs' and a girly scream.  I didn't laugh, though, because I'm at work.
toomany; A tone of urgency without sounding urgent.  That, and trailed off badly at the end, like you didn't know what tone to finish off with.

I'm sensing a bit of overacting here.

Dive; sounds a bit too much like a German heavy metal band
LtSamsa; less ciggies please, sounds like you're overdoing the gruff voice in a 'game made by Epic' style
something; Er, a bit overdone.  I almost laughed, because midway through I was expecting an 'ooooh, crumbs' and a girly scream.  I didn't laugh, though, because I'm at work.
toomany; A tone of urgency without sounding urgent.  That, and trailed off badly at the end, like you didn't know what tone to finish off with.

Duely noted. Now, if you reckon you can do better, then go for it.  :doubt:

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html

the biter bit

hyukyukyukyuk

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Voice actors are always needed, are they not?  Whether or not you can do a perfect impression of existing (and quality) VA isn't really an issue. 

Maybe we could get some of, say, INF:A voice-acted?  Or Transcend?  That'd be great.  I'd like to hear some lines from there.   

Offline Nuclear1

Totally unnecessary.  Aldo was only offering helpful criticism; no need to take it offensively. 

Personally, I liked the clips, because I see you as having a particularly interesting voice.  If you don't try to be overly-dramatic, then I think you'd fit perfectly as a ship commander.  To be honest, I'd actually like to hear you try to voice some of the Generation's later lines (from Transcend), particularly the "This isn't over, Omicron!" line.  I think you'd work well with that. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Aye, seconded!

Thirded......thats how you say it right? anyway i agree :pimp: :yes:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Created, en route.

Offline Nuclear1

More clips

I personally like the way you wrapped up nebulamind.wav.  Sounded particularly evil, which is where I think your strength lies.  If you did the "Hello, Omicron" and "Memories never die" lines from Transcend in that exact tone, I think I might actually get chills down my spine.

The omgfuk one, on the other hand, and not to be insulting, I think would belong more appropriately in JAD.  It seemed almost a little comical with the way the words were stressed.  If you'd like some tips on where they should be stressed, PM me.

"Following" was fairly good as well.  The only problem I could see was the stress on "following"; to be more effective, you may want to break up the line into "There's something in this nebula... and it's following us."  Given your tone, I think that would sound a whole lot better. :)

I was a little disappointed by the "isn't over" attempt though, but that may have been my perception of the line.  I always imagined it being said something like "This.... isn't.... over, Omicron!"

Otherwise, I liked this batch a whole lot better.  Keep up the good work. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

More clips

I personally like the way you wrapped up nebulamind.wav.  Sounded particularly evil, which is where I think your strength lies.  If you did the "Hello, Omicron" and "Memories never die" lines from Transcend in that exact tone, I think I might actually get chills down my spine.

The omgfuk one, on the other hand, and not to be insulting, I think would belong more appropriately in JAD.  It seemed almost a little comical with the way the words were stressed.  If you'd like some tips on where they should be stressed, PM me.

"Following" was fairly good as well.  The only problem I could see was the stress on "following"; to be more effective, you may want to break up the line into "There's something in this nebula... and it's following us."  Given your tone, I think that would sound a whole lot better. :)

I was a little disappointed by the "isn't over" attempt though, but that may have been my perception of the line.  I always imagined it being said something like "This.... isn't.... over, Omicron!"

Otherwise, I liked this batch a whole lot better.  Keep up the good work. :)

thanks for the feedback man. Yea, regarding 'omgfuk', i intended for that to be comical.  :lol:

Hope people get a kick out of it. Im sure that perhaps a nazi moderator may critisize it as being abusive, but hey, its not the link, its whats inside the zip file. And it really isnt all that bad. But meh, its in good taste me thinks.  :D

As for the 'omicron' lines, its a matter of perception i think.

Anyway, i'll keep working on more lines... i think im getting the hang of it. If anyone wants my talents for their campaigns, PM me  :cool:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nazi moderator? 

Nazi moderator? 

yer....in most forums, theres usually at least 1 moderator that is a psycho and will ban you for the smallest things....

wait a sec...am i signing my own death warrant here?  :nervous:

Yep, you betcha... oops... :nervous:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

So no one wants my talents ?  :(

I can do some scripting and more tests if u want....

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Isn't there a centralized thread with stuff like this?

And you'd be better off PMing some campaigns and offering your services. 

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The "more clips" link is broken.

And I agree with aldo; it sounds like you're overacting.  Try reading some lines in a normal tone of voice.

Commander, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like it if you voice-acted my campaign. It's not much, done by a 16-year-old, but you'd do perfect as the captain of one of my capital ships. I'll try to get you some of the lines from my campaign, but you won't have any until Tuesday, I've got a lot of school work, and I'm out of town this weekend.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Nuclear1

I may have some need for you eventually as well.  Just keep yourself open within the next couple of months. :)

I may have some need for you eventually as well.  Just keep yourself open within the next couple of months. :)

No probs. I've got another FS2 campaign im working on (Its under wraps, quite a few people working on it, but expect it to just explode out onto the forums soon  :nod: ) but yer, i'll be happy to help man =)

But anyhow, some of the voice acting -was- a tad bit overdone, yea. But if i was given a script, and told what kinda voice i was expected to do (panicky, commanding, gruff, young, etc) then i could pull it off for you no probs.  :cool: