Author Topic: $Tech Model for ships.tbl  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Mahak

$Tech Model for ships.tbl
Would be cool to have the option of using a different ship model in the tech room & weapon loadout screen, similar to what we already have in weapons.tbl.  This would be for situations where you need to specify a ship weapon as a separate object (i.e. to animate it or make it rotate).

Another option would be to be able to specify that a given model will be displayed with it's 'default' weaponry in the tech room and weapon loadout, and be updated as the player switches out different weapons in the loadout screen.  This would be more ideal, but sounds to me like more work than the former idea.

Just something I've been thinking about, and trying to do with existing assets, but can't seem to make work.

Cheers guys, love your work.

M.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: $Tech Model for ships.tbl
i like the solution in the second paragraph, show a ships default weapons in the tech room and selected loadout in the loadout screen. sorta like how it works in the sensor box. i kinda asked for something like this way back when weapon models were first implemented. i think of it as one of those loose ends that was never tied up.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Could really use the ship tech model as well.  Not just for weapons either.  Showing a cargo ship with cargo is another area it would be useful. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
maybe have a $default cargo: setting? since there is already a default setting for weapons it would be the only thing that need be added to the table. but considering the size of some of the htl models having a tech only version would just seem redundant. only reason weapons have tech models is either because the weapons have no models or have very low poly models for performance concerns. since the sensor hud gauge already shows weapons and cargo, i suggest that functionality be applied to the tech room. if we ever get modular subsystems, then those should be made visible as well.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
My suggestion:

For techroom:

$Techroom Cargo: somemodel.pof

Then, if the person has the ship model for ship selection, draw with whatever weapons the ship has by default (unless it's one of the ships already in the wing (versus a ship type in the available ships list), in which case it should be drawn with whatever weapons the person assigned it)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
^ thats about what i was saying

Nuke's Scripting SVN