Author Topic: So, I just finished the campaign... *spoilers*  (Read 4019 times)

So, I just finished the campaign... *spoilers*
...and it is awesome.

Seriously, this was amazing. The game was varied and interesting: fighting each race was a unique experience, and flying Infi was just brilliant. Wish there could have been more missions with him. Loved the feeling of being an unstoppable ubership capable of annihilating entire fleets single-handedly.  :D

Ship designs were good, especially the... erm, Crystal People. Can't remember how to spell their name. Anyway, their Adasya was among the most unique and coolest things I've seen put into the game. Mission design was for the most part imaginative and interesting, but occasionally unintuitive (still don't know where the hell the entrance on the Cordi mothership was, for instance, and there was no hint that I could see as to where to find it).

As for the story and humor, I pretty much had a big grin on my face all the way through. The anime-esque story, the character interactions, the hilarious Lampshadings and shout outs... I do kind of wish the outro had a bit more to it: I don't know, some kind of ending scene with all the characters celebrating, but whatever, still good. Loved the use of Gundam music, but I felt like the soundtrack jumped around a lot, as if it kept cycling through completely different battle songs in the same mission.

I also appreciated the depth of background material. Hell of a universe you've constructed, Spoon. Definitely has potential for more storylines, and I'd love to see more done with it.

Now, complaints: Zy capital ships where?  ;7
Those things sound awesome, but they never make an appearance. :(

Okay, seriously: besides the minor stuff I mentioned earlier, new weapons were introduced at such a pace I felt like I was scrambling to keep track of them all, and since they were usually referred to by serial number rather than a unique name, I had a hard time telling them apart. Crystal's ship was fast and powerful, which was nice, but hard as **** to maneuver precisely in... controls were hyperresponsive. Further, I could never figure out how the glide worked. Pressing Shift accomplished nothing (I only mess with targeting controls when customizing, I doubt I could have screwed something up). I use a joystick, does that make a difference?

So, all-in-all, excellent work, and I hope to see more of this mod in the future. :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline -Norbert-

Re: So, I just finished the campaign... *spoilers*
Shift1 and Shift3 for lateral thrusters isn't really a good setup. You'd be better off with remapping those.
I prefer to put the lateral thrust on my joysticks coolie hat and use another button for "glide while pressed".

As for the Cordi Motherships, they have one entrace on the top and bottom each, about midships. That you aren't told were they are isn't too bad in my opinion, since you can just fly around the ships for hours if you want to without turning the Cordi hostile.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Glorious, thanks for the review Dark Hunter  :)

new weapons were introduced at such a pace I felt like I was scrambling to keep track of them all, and since they were usually referred to by serial number rather than a unique name, I had a hard time telling them apart.
I was slightly afraid this would happen. It was a case of having enough weapon ideas but not enough missions to introduce and spread them out over. (for example M16 is a serious offender, where the player gets 1 new primary and 2 new secondaries)

As for the mothership entrance, it tells you right in the command briefing!  o:

Its the part where the green flak is coming from (as in, the part you usually want to avoid :p )
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
There was a thing up the top? I just went up the rear end and took it out there.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
In the tube connecting the engines with the 'head' part, there's a hole you can use to get in. It would've been more awesome if you had to shoot proton torpedoes through it, but I don't think either Misuzu or Crystal know how to use the Force.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Crystal can't use any mystical powers?  But she's an elf, IN SPACE!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
that ****ing mission, I loved it, yet I hated it.

is that possible?

I knew the entrances where up or down the ship right in the middle, and still they were hard to find, I must have replayed that mission at least 5 times to get 4 cordi motherships down.

Also, If you get the big boom missile, everything is ok :nod:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:45:32 am by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Crystal can't use any mystical powers?  But she's an elf, IN SPACE!
There are a few rare Cyrvans who can look a slight bit into the future (and the very few of those that become pilots are needless to say, extremely hard to hit :p )
Crystal is not one of them though

In the tube connecting the engines with the 'head' part, there's a hole you can use to get in. It would've been more awesome if you had to shoot proton torpedoes through it, but I don't think either Misuzu or Crystal know how to use the Force.
Now wouldn't that be awesome, if you could steer the weapon after you fired it (I'm thinking of the unreal tournament, redeemer for example). Then you could blow stuff up from a distance. (In b4 someone saying that nukemod did it)

that ****ing mission, I loved it, yet I hated it.

is that possible?
Sure, I hate and love all of my missions   :p
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
There are a few rare Cyrvans who can look a slight bit into the future (and the very few of those that become pilots are needless to say, extremely hard to hit :p )
But Luna is?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
But Luna is?
On this point, no one is really sure  :p
Urutorahappī!!