Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844074 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Seeing the ending of INF:A, that's not surprising...

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Jovian and terran... Hmmm... Sounds like Sol: A History...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

Please note that Giove(Iuppiter)and Terra(Earth) aren't Woo's inventions. In SA:H the Gioviali(I want to write in my mother language,so?)were powerful. A jovian colony should be composed by space stations since the planet is almost inhabitable. A weakness.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
A jovian colony should be composed by space stations since the planet is almost inhabitable. A weakness.
Yup, no colony on Jupiter, but it does have moons...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Like Io and Europa(I and Europe in Italian)?

Oh,there's also Leda!!! woof!!!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Most names used in FS2 are Latin/Greek,similar to Italian ones.

Where are you from? Everyone here that isn't from America/Great Britain should specify his nationality in signatures,for example.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers

Please note that Giove(Iuppiter)and Terra(Earth) aren't Woo's inventions. In SA:H the Gioviali(I want to write in my mother language,so?)were powerful. A jovian colony should be composed by space stations since the planet is almost inhabitable. A weakness.

Well, yeah, Woo didn't invent the names, but if we have Earth and Jupiter colonies fighting, that still sounds about the same...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Earth is our planet,G..ehm,Iuppiter is the biggest one.possibly BR based his plot on this.

Did you forget that there are other planetoids beyond Nettuno(since Plutone isn't a planet anymore... :( )like Sedna and Quaoar? No one mentioned them for a Sol campaign(maybe because there aren't so much Sol campaigns...)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Actually I'm looking into areas at the edge of the system for INFA 2...

Did you forget that there are other planetoids beyond Nettuno(since Plutone isn't a planet anymore... :( )like Sedna and Quaoar? No one mentioned them for a Sol campaign(maybe because there aren't so much Sol campaigns...)

I'm using some of those in the Dreamcatcher story... you may see action as far out as Eris in the Scattered Disk! :yes:
No, that wasn't a spoiler. I am toying with the idea of basing some stuff out there though.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Actually I'm looking into areas at the edge of the system for INFA 2...

Sedna,Quaoar,Pluto....they're not planets but they are enough big to have installations.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Of course, this calls in the old "How far does an intrasystem jump go" argument. And please let's not start that. But I do wonder: is the Scattered Disk pushing it a little? :doubt:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline CaptJosh

If Inferno: Alliance is indeed a revamp of Sol: A History, I won't complain in the slightest. S:aH was fun, but lacking in some respects. Given the number of colonies S:aH posits, and the amount of resources in our home system (i.e. the asteroid belt, entirely impossible to truly control or blockade effectively), it should be more than easy to have a long, drawn out, bloddy intrasystem war among these colonies and Terra.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I didn't use one piece of S:AH so I wouldn't call it a revamp. They may have some similarities though.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If Inferno: Alliance is indeed a revamp of Sol: A History, I won't complain in the slightest. S:aH was fun, but lacking in some respects. Given the number of colonies S:aH posits, and the amount of resources in our home system (i.e. the asteroid belt, entirely impossible to truly control or blockade effectively), it should be more than easy to have a long, drawn out, bloddy intrasystem war among these colonies and Terra.

I thought S:AH was just a little unrealistic, I mean, blowing up the moons of Mars? Well, if we've destroyed a few moons, then why don't we blow up a planet? And if we can do that......

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
5GT bombs do seem a bit excessive... (stupid harbingers). I mean come on, I did a calculation using harbingers, and found a fenris can take more pounding than Earth... WTF?

Kudos to the Fenris shipbuilders in that case.  :lol:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There's the small Eris too :D

First of all Phobos and Deimos aren't so close aech other like in SA:H...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, the Harbinger was saved for planetary bombardment.... But if you mean blow up Earth like the Death Star, then that's something else.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
First of all Phobos and Deimos aren't so close aech other like in SA:H...
Or so small...