Author Topic: House of The Dying Sun  (Read 8013 times)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Re: House of The Dying Sun
Could we expect some more contents in a near future ? I mean, more missions and perhaps a mission editor ? The game is great but too short.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Could we expect some more contents in a near future ? I mean, more missions and perhaps a mission editor ? The game is great but too short.

Yes

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Something awful's massive star citizen thread is currently named: House of the dying fun.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mikes

Yes

yes? yes YES! YESSSSSS!!!!!!! :g: :-)

Well, it's supposed to be early access for so more content in the future is to be expected, though I wouldn't be too worried about single playthrough length. The missions are pretty customisable with different forces you can bring so if the flight model is good enough you'll be replaying it multiple times anyway. I'm just waiting for an official "full" release before buying it.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Mikes

Well, it's supposed to be early access for so more content in the future is to be expected, though I wouldn't be too worried about single playthrough length. The missions are pretty customisable with different forces you can bring so if the flight model is good enough you'll be replaying it multiple times anyway. I'm just waiting for an official "full" release before buying it.

I was actually thinking the same thing, but am glad I bought and played it on a whim anyways.

The impression I got from (now) multiple playthroughs was that of a complete and quite polished game, no ifs no buts and no noticable bugs. Definitely not like most "early access" games.

Offline CKid

ObsidianAnt, a youtuber that makes videos about elite dangerous but also space sims in general did a small playthrough.

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Bought it yesterday and I just couldn't resist and gave it a try as soon as I could.
I was worried about it requiring a 2gb video card (mine is 1gb) but the thing runs smooth at 1280x1024 with 4x anti aliasing and all bells and whistles on, I love this era of overstated system requirements!   :P
HOTAS support is very good, is supports at least two devices other than keyboard and mouse and you can bind essentially everything (it's a bit overwhelming at first actually), and you can invert axles (which is vital as the CH Pro throttle is inverted by default for some reason), I only had to set the "force mouse cursor" option on as with the deafult setting the mouse cursor disappears in menus if you bind a joystick.
The game while lacking energy systems is very much a classic spacesim and I'm loving it thus far, there is a bit of throttle vs turning speed mechanic and while there is autoaim it's not so ridiculously wide as to make dogfighting too easy.
I was worried about people saying they've beaten it in two hours but I didn't find it that easy/short, I've unlocked seven missions and beaten four of them, excluding the tutorial in that time.

About the tutorial, it shares a similar oddity as the tutorial freespace: when the tutorial prompt oders you to accelerate it won't register throttling up using a joystick axle, only by pressing a throttle up button either on the keyboard or the HOTAS it will let you continue.

EDIT

The throttle acts a bit funny though, it's either full speed or brake and uses only half of the travel, Ialready posted about it on steam in more detail.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:30:35 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
"He should've bought some better asteroids, lmao owned"

Pretty much, the asteroids are the only ugly things in the trailer. Still not as bad as this abomination, though.