Author Topic: Reverse thrust!  (Read 981 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi all. Quick question, is there a way to force all playable ships to have reverse thrust? I'm not looking for backwards afterburners or similar, just the ability to fly slowly backwards - for example how the playable shivan ships can in Trimurti. It would make scanning systems on big ass ships far less frustrating.

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

You'd have to edit every single table entry, so probably no unless you want to make huge edits before playing a campaign.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, only by table edits.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
You could add yourself a modular ship table (iwantrevthrust-shp.tbm) with +nocreate entries for each ship so you can slap this into your MVPS or any other misbehaving mod.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

That takes some time though, spoils all hidden ships and (depending on AI) change mission balance in all campaigns where your enemies aren't exclusively Shivans.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
That takes some time though, spoils all hidden ships and (depending on AI) change mission balance in all campaigns where your enemies aren't exclusively Shivans.

Not without changes to the AI - you actually have to tell the AI to use strafing and glide via ai_profiles.tbl - am pretty sure the same applies to reverse thrust as well
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."